📕Ep.1: Tourist Trap📕

Start from the beginning

"Not it!!!" Mabel and I said in synch.

Soos, one of the workers here who had tanned skins and brown hair, was on a ladder fixing a lightbulb, then spoke. "Uh, also not it."

"Nobody asked you, Soos." complained Stan.

"I know, and I'm confortable with that."

He then looked at one of the other employees, a girl with long red hair, light skin and freckles one her cheeks. "Wendy, I need you to put up this sign!!!"

Wendy lazily reached for the signs without looking up from her magazine. "I would but I- ugh- can't- ugh- reach it- ugh."

Stan let out a sigh, then looking at the last employee. A young girl, probably around my age, with (s/c) skin and (h/l) (h/c) hair, which faded to (f/c). "(y/n), take these outside."

"Sorry, Mr. Pines, kinda busy here." She replied as she rearranged some of the things on the shelf.

"I'd fire all of you if I could." He than started pointing at all of us. "Alright let's make it: eeny meeny miny, you." I finally pointed at me, making me groan.

"Aw, what? Grunkle Stan, whenever I'm in those woods I feel like I'm being watched."

He slightly pressed the ridge of his nose in annoyance. "Oi, this again."

"I'm telling you, something weird is going on in this town. Just today my mosquito bites spelled out BEWARE!" I said as I showed my uncle my arm, which was covered in red mosquito bites.

He looked at it, raising an eyebrow. "That says BEWARB."

I looked down, a bit embarrassed as I rubbed my arm.

"Look, kid, the whole 'monsters in the forest' thing is just local legend dumped up by guys like me to sell merch to guys like that." He nodded over to a man laughing at a Stan bobblehead, then threw the signs at me as I stumbled to catch them. "So quit being so paranoid."

"But-!" I tried to protect, but I was soon interrupted.

"You know what, I'm done with what I was doing, I'll help the kid get those signs up." (y/n) said as she walked over.

'Kid'? If anything, she looked younger than me.

I let out a sigh, following her outside and into the forest. It wasn't long until I began to hammer the signs into the trees.

"So, Dipper was it?" I heard (y/n) speak. "We haven't formally met yet. I'm (y/n)."

I remained silent, not really wanted to have a conversation. However, it didn't stop her from continuing. "Not much of a talker, huh?"

I moved on to another tree, trying to get farther away. However, I was sent back in fear as she suddenly appeared in front of me, hanging from a tree, her arms crossed. "Hey, it's rude to ignore people."

I let out a sigh. "Alright, fine, I'm sorry."

"Thank you." She jumped down, landing on her feet as she moved her hair out of her face. "Now, why the long face?"

I thought for a while, not really knowing whether to tell her or not. I barely knew her, we hadn't even had one full conversation before.

"I just think it's unfair that no one believes everything I say. I know there's something weird going on in this town, something that I'm going to find out sooner or later."

"Something weird you say?" I noticed something happen in her eyes, making me grow curious yet afraid. "Could you define what 'weirdness' means to you?"