Just some guy..

I woke up the next day knowing that my life would never be the same. My parents were now going to finally get their wish. Their daughter letting them take over again.

I showered and changed into a pale blue, strap floaty dress that came to my knees. I slipped on my white kitten heels and tied my hair up into a high ponytail with a bandana tied into a bow.

I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed. Time to forget Ace Merrill. Yet I could feel that would be easier said than done. I shook the thought of him as I headed out downstairs. I heard voices in the living room, some of who I didn't recognise. I walked in and felt all eyes on me as I took in the sight before me.

My parents were sat with another man and woman, a guy my age sat in between them. My mother beamed a smile as she stood up and walked towards me.

"Ahh my darling! Come in and meet Paul and Denise and their delightful son David."

I felt my mums arms around me as she pulled me further into the room. I smiled at the three new people as they stood up and shook my hand. My dad stepped up and laced his arm around my mum as she let me go.

"Rochelle, why don't you go for a walk with David. We think you'll get on splendidly."

Well damn.

They sorted this one out fast.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

David half smiled at me as we both walked out and were soon walking along the street. He was cute I had to admit. He had light brown hair that flowed loosely over his face. He was wearing a smart white shirt that was neatly tucked into his trousers.

"So.." He started. Even his voice was quite cute.

"So.." I repeated, laughing slightly.

He laughed along with me as we carried on walking, the sun was beaming down creating another hot day in Castle Rock. Yet I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Okay so I can't decide whose parents are more excited about us, yours or mine?" He said with a laugh.

I laughed and nodded.

"My parents are desperate for me to get married off. I only agreed to let them yesterday and here you are!" I said gesturing to him.

He laughed.

"Well they sure move fast!"

I laughed and nodded.

"So have you been in a relationship before?" He asked.

I paused, my mind turned to Ace and how I'd only spent a few days with him but it had felt so much longer. Technically it wasn't even a relationship..

"Your silence tells me all." He said, chuckling to himself slightly.

I quickly shook my head and hands.

"No no, it's not like that." I started. "Well, it was complicated. I wasn't actually in a relationship with him."

"Yet he was special in some way." David said, very matter of factly.

I shook my head. "You can't be further from the truth actually. He was just some guy.."

"Just some guy?" David asked, cocking his eyebrow at me.

I nodded slightly. "Yeah... Just some guy."

"Dare I ask who?" He questioned.

I shook my head quickly and laughed slightly.

"No you don't dare. Best for all parties involved if it's a secret."

David nodded slowly.

"But he's out of the picture now yes?"

I gestured to me and him as we were walking along.

"Clearly."

A smile appeared on David's face as I felt his arm lace around my waist, gently tugging me closer as we walked along.

"That's good news for me then."

I nodded slowly, my mind still occupied on Ace and every little thing about him.

"So Rochelle..." David started, "Tell me everything exciting about you." He said with a smile, his smile was different to Ace's. Softer and sweeter. This boy wouldn't hurt a fly.

"There's not much to tell really. I live with-" before I could finish my sentence the loud sound of tyres screeching filled the air.

I felt David wrap his arm around me and yank me back as we saw, to my surprise, Ace's car come skidding along the road.

It stopped right by us and within seconds the man himself jumped out. I noticed his little posse all poking their heads out. Ace stared us both down as David put himself in front of me, holding his arm to the side, keeping me firmly in place behind him.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Ace shouted, waving his hands, expecting an answer.

David coughed slightly. "Are you okay Sir?" Poor boy had no idea.

"Seriously.." Ace mumbled. "Are you mother-fucking kidding me?!" He shouted again, waving his arm at David.

"Ace leave it!" I managed to shout out from my safe space behind David.

David turned to me in shock and disbelief.

"You know this man?!" He whispered in a shout, somehow struggling to accept I knew someone like Ace.

"Well.."

"Course she fucking knows me! I almost had her in the back of my car last night!" I heard him shout.

You could hear his friends laugh and encourage him after that comment. David looked between me and Ace in complete confusion.

"You didn't?" He questioned.

I shook my head quickly and held onto his arm tightly.

"No. Not at all. Wasn't going to." I said quietly to him. "And never will!" I directed that shout back to Ace. "David please, let's go." I begged.

He nodded slowly as I began dragging him away.

"So that's it aye?!" We heard Ace shout as I continued to drag David away, knowing well and true this had made a crap first impression.

"Well if that's the way you want it View Princess."

And that was that. The next thing we heard was a car engine start and before we knew it, Ace's car came flying past us, speeding off back down to the lower side of Castle Rock.

"So.." I mumbled quietly as I let go of David and began dragging my feet along.

"Well.." he said with a sigh. "I'll be honest, I don't have any ex partners so you won't need to worry about that." He said, trying to laugh the whole situation off.

I forced a laugh but it ended with a sigh. I'm more than worried about Ace Merrill.