Princess.

Donna managed to convince the boys that I had called off the engagement and that Ace and his gang were no longer a problem. They had in turn agreed that they'd call off the attack on him. He was safe.

I couldn't bring myself to leave my house. Upon returning home I had faced lecture upon lecture from my parents about the boys from Castle Rock, more specifically Ace. I ignored them all and just allowed my parents to say whatever they had to say. They soon gave up realising I wasn't fighting back, just nodding and accepting it.

I spent the next week in my room. I couldn't bare to leave and face my parents. They brought up food but I barely touched it. They tried to talk to me but I barely spoke back. My mother tried telling me of other guys she wanted me to be with but I just rolled back over in bed and faced away from her. My father tried telling me about his new car and offered taking me for a spin but I just rolled back over in bed and faced away from him.

Donna stopped by everyday and sat with me as I cried into her arms, she was the only one that understood. She held me tight as I sobbed my little heart out. She laughed along with I told her funny stories of times that happened with Ace. She heard the same stories over and over about a hundred times but listened with such excitement every time. She understood.

I woke up one morning and sighed, another stupid day in this stupid house, with this stupid family, in it's stupid high class society, with its stupid high class rules. I rolled over and saw the sun slowly beginning to rise, sunlight flooding into my room. I sat up and watched two birds flit and flat together on a nearby tree. I watched as one nuzzled closer to the other, at least they were happy.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. I sighed as it opened slightly to reveal my father standing there with a tray of what looked like scrambled egg and a little glass with a daisy inside. I sighed again and rolled over and faced away from him. I heard him sigh as he placed the tray on the floor and I felt him sit down on the bed.

"Rochelle darling you need to eat something."

Nothing.

"Please talk to me. Your mother is beside herself with worry."

Nothing.

"You really should see the new car, it drives so smoothly."

Nothing.

"The offer is still there to take you for a drive."

Nothing.

"We can go anywhere you want."

I hesitated before rolling over to face him slightly.

"Well that peaked your interest I see." He said with a small smile. "What do you say Princess?"

I felt a knife slice my chest right there. Princess. Tears instantly filled my eyes and before I could say anything my father had moved closer and scooped me up into his arms. I couldn't stop myself from crying as he held on tight.

"Oh Princess why are you crying still?"

There it was again. Princess.

"Come on darling, there's no need to cry. It's okay." 

I gently tore myself away as I wiped my eyes on my sheets. My father gently placed his hand on my lap.

"He was just a boy sweetie. He had no real chance of giving you the life you deserve and surely you can see that now Princess?"

I screamed internally till I could take it no longer.

"Don't call me Princess!" I screamed back at him.

He quickly stood up and stepped back, shocked by my outburst. But I couldn't stop. My entire body was on fire. Leaping out of bed I faced him, anger flowing through me.

"John Merrill may not have had much! But the one thing he did have was me! I loved him father! I still love him! And there is no other guy that mother can find that will ever treat me the way he did!"

Tears continued to flow as I took a breathe and watched as my mother appeared at the door. Donna by her side.

"John fucking Merrill is the only man I will ever be with! And if you don't fucking like it then you might as well just keep me fucking locked up in this fucking room because I will never fucking marry anyone that isn't him! And I can't even fucking marry him because then those fucking boys you all seem to love for a son-in-law will fucking kill him!" 

I stopped, my throat instantly burning from the shouting. My head going dizzy. Tears flowing down my cheek still as my eyesight went blurry. I sat down slowly on the bed as I saw my father turn to my mother and Donna.

"Donna deal with her. Darling we need to talk." He said to both of them.

I saw Donna nod as my father left quickly shutting the door. I collapsed into Donna's arms as she held me tightly. I cried and screamed into her as I felt her gently rock me. I don't remember much else as I felt myself drift off to sleep, what little energy I had left had been completely wiped from me.