Ace...

I woke up on the sofa Ace had originally been sat on before his attempt to get up the stairs, looking around I saw Eyeball fast asleep on the armchair, Chris slept soundly on the floor sat upright leaning back on the chair, Eyeball's hand rested on Chris's shoulder.

I smiled as I got up and grabbed the blanket I'd used before walking over and gently placing it half on Chris, half on Eyeball. I smiled as I turned and looked at the stairs, silence filled the house as I guessed Ace was still sleeping. I headed into the kitchen and made everyone a coffee. I put Eyeball's and Chris's on the table in front of them before taking mine and Ace's upstairs.

Looking into the room I saw him flopped on the bed, wearing only a pair of shorts, blankets and clothes were still thrown everywhere. I placed both coffees on the table and gently sat on the bed, looking down at Ace's sleeping self. His chest rose up and down slowly as he snored ever so slightly. My eyes scanned over the cuts that had formed into scars, deep red and painful. My eyes scanned over the bruises, purples, blues and black covered so much of his body.

He did all this for me, he had really risked his own life for me. He had faced them all with Eyeball for me. I looked at his hands, blood had stained the bedding as his knuckles showed scars from punches he had thrown for me. I gently leant over and ran my hand down his cheek, his eyelids fluttered slightly as he twitched and his eyes snapped open in a panic.

"Hey hey it's okay, you're safe. It's me." I said gently, looking down at my hero.

His breathing returned to normal as he gently lowered his head back down on the bed.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I looked down at him confused.

"I'm sorry I failed you."

I shook my head quickly, stroking his cheek.

"Ace you never failed me."

He nodded and looked away. "I let them beat me, we lost."

"Ace if you lost then how come I'm still here, right by your side?"

He turned and looked at me slightly.

"If you ask me, that's a win for you right there."

He smiled weakly, "yeah I guess so."

I pulled away fake shocked. "Oh you guess? You guess? Ace Merri-"

He cut me off by placing a finger on my lips, "when we're alone... call me John."

I smiled and gently removed his finger before leaning down hovering over his lips.

"Yes John."

He smiled as I connected our lips in a kiss that let all the pain and emotion just float away. His hands came up and held my face in place as I gently brought mine up to his bare chest. The kiss lasted forever until I pulled away gently.

"Hey and I got up those stairs by myself so I believe you owe me something." He said with a smirk.

I gently shoved myself away as he laughed. "It's okay I'm just kidding, I know you don't want to.

I sat up straight and he slowly heaved himself up into a sitting position as I offered him the coffee and he took a few sips.

"It's not that I don't want to Ace." I started, looking down slightly.

"I get it don't worry, you're traditional." He nodded slowly.

I shrugged slightly. "I can't help I was brought up to believe sex comes after marriage."

He nodded slowly and finished his coffee, handing me the mugs, I put them back on the side as I turned back to him.

"And hey, whenever you do get married you can always come find me and we'll hook up then." He laughed as I shoved him but he grabbed me and pulled me on top of him.

I used my hands to hold myself up, hovering over him.

"So you'd be happy if I married someone else?" I asked with a smirk.

He shrugged slightly.

"Because last time that almost happened things didn't quite go to plan." My voice trailed off.

He looked away for a second before back up at me.

"That's because you were gonna marry one of those View guys, you should never marry them."

"Oh? And who should I marry then?" I asked, feeling my heart beat faster and faster.

Ace was silent as he looked up at me, time stood still in that moment, my whole body and emotions went into overdrive as I imagined this to be it. Was he going to ask? He sighed slightly.

"It should be someone your parents at least approve of." His voice trailed off as he looked away and I felt his hands slowly let go of my sides.

I grabbed them and placed them back on me and held his face in my hands, trying to be careful of his cuts and bruises.

"No it shouldn't Ace. No it damn well shouldn't. I've had enough of them trying to be the ones who set this type of stuff up, I was to be the one who chooses the man she'll marry and as for them? They'll have to like it or... they'll just have to like it alright?"

Ace smiled. "And who is it you're choosing to marry then View Princess?"

I smiled back down at him. "Oh don't you worry John, I've picked him good."

"Oh yeah?" He asked, the smile growing on on his face. "Who is it?"

I laughed and shook my head, slowly pulling myself off him.

"He'll find out." I said as I jumped off the bed, grabbed the mugs and headed to the door. "As soon as he proposes." I said with a smile as I turned and headed out.

"He actually has to propose?!" I heard a shout from the bedroom as I headed downstairs.

I laughed and nodded to myself before shouting back. "Oh yeah, proper proposal, ring included!"

And with that I walked into the kitchen where Chris and Eyeball were standing, trying to make breakfast. I smiled at them both before placing the mugs down in the sink.

"You guys are getting married?" Chris asked quietly, almost scared of the answer.

"No no don't worry, we're not getting married yet." I said with a smirk as I gently moved them out of the way and took over breakfast before they burnt the whole house down.

They nodded slowly and let me cook.

"Wait.. you said yet?" Eyeball asked.

I turned and smiled at him, just as Ace hobbled into the kitchen. He looked between us all and came over to me, his arms wrapped around my waist as he kissed my cheek.

"Marry me?" He asked.

Chris and Eyeball almost began choking behind us, he growled in their direction and looked back at me.

"Ace..."

"Look I know you said you wanted it all proper and whatever, I just don't have that type of stuff yet but at least say you will when I do?"

I looked up at him and then to Chris and Eyeball, who were almost leaning forward expecting my answer. I looked back up at Ace.

"Ace..."