One afternoon.

I spent the next week in the exact same state I had the previous week. Except this time I never saw my parents. They would knock on my door and by the time I opened it they had disappeared and my food was on a tray on the floor.

Donna still came over everyday. But I found myself not talking about Ace. She told me all about this new guy her parents had introduced her to. He wasn't part of the gang out for Ace but he did belong in the View. He had told her he sided with us in believing I should be allowed to marry whoever without fear or judgement. His name was Charles and Donna seemed really happy with him.

She told me all about the dates they had been on and how he always brought her flowers and both sets of parents seemed so happy they were getting along. I was happy for her. I really was. Yet deep down part of me hated it. I wanted that. She told me how she'd been down to Castle Rock with Charles. They'd gone to the blue point diner after shopping one day and she'd seen Chris, Gordie, Teddy and Vern.

They'd all eaten together and Charles had no problem whatsoever with her knowing and being friendly with Castle Rock guys. She told me when she'd asked after Ace and the other cobras the boys had fallen silent. None of them answering the question. They asked about me and Donna had told them the truth. I was heartbroken. I had broken Ace's heart and in turn broke my own.

She finally managed to convince me to shower and freshen myself up. I got changed into the new cream dress she'd brought me. It had thin straps and came just below my knee. We sat on my bed for ages as I allowed her to style my hair and put some makeup on me. I sighed as she stood me up and faced me in front of the mirror. I looked a lot more human than I had the last 2 weeks. She smiled slightly and I turned to her. But before I could speak I heard a knock at the front door downstairs.

"Shell that's the door." She said.

I nodded. "Yes mother or father will get it."

She shook her head and grabbed my hand, yanking me out the bedroom and slowly down the stairs.

"No they won't. They're spending the afternoon with my parents, your father and my father are comparing new cars. That's why I'm here."

I nodded slowly before reaching out and opening the door. I felt panic rise through me as I saw Chris and Eyeball standing there. I reached out and grabbed their arms, yanking them inside and slamming the door.

"What the hell are you both doing here?! You're gonna get hurt!"

Eyeball shrugged slightly and shoved his hands in his pockets, Chris sighed and shoved him gently.

"We came to pick you up. Ace has been far too grumpy recently and so we thought an afternoon with you might help."

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose before turning back to the brothers.

"I can't see him anymore. You know the deal. I stay away from him and all you lot and he's safe. And you lot too."

Chris copied his brothers actions and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Fuck the deal."

"Chris!" I snapped.

Donna stifled a laugh as I turned to her.

"Did you plan this?!" I snapped.

She held her hands up. "Oh come on Shell! One afternoon with him will cheer you both up!"

"Yeah and we ain't exactly gonna go blabbing." Eyeball said.

I sighed. Looking between the three of them. They all pleaded with me silently as I looked down at my feet.

"Well I need shoes first." I mumbled slightly.

"Yes!" Donna shouted, pumping the air before rushing back upstairs.

I turned to Chris and Eyeball.

"One afternoon."

They both smirked and nodded. Donna came back down with a pair of my white ballet flats. I slipped them on as she slipped hers on and we all rushed out the door, towards Eyeball's car. Completely unaware of the guy watching us from across the street.