Chapter 38

AN: I'd like to give a quick thank you to Wynaut-Zoidberg. He helped me a lot with his review but I couldn't PM him for some reason. He pointed out some habits of mine that I should consider fixing. It was good advice in my opinion.

And yes, I do proof-read my stories. I just don't meticulously go word for word but rather speed-read the chapter two or three times. It leaves in some small mistakes sometimes but I'd fall asleep going word for word. That's why most people have betas.

On a different note I've got a small surplus of chapters right now because I had a little free time over the weekend and reading has been harder since my tablet (which I read on) has been acting up. I'm almost to Beacon (Ch. 40 by the way) where we have the adventure part of the tags come into play again.

I think I might post the next chapter early since I have that surplus and I was late by a few days before. I like to repay my debts. I consider my previous lateness to be one.

Oh, and we're still going with the fast pacing we had before. It's a bit more slice-of-life this chapter too because of the pacing and slight lull in the plot for right now.

[||||=LEVEL 38= ||||]

"What the hell do I even do?" I muttered. "I have my parallels training all the time since them doing nothing is counterproductive but Roman's having an outing with Raven and a friend of his, Weiss is still annoyed with me for some reason, Blake and Bella are on a trip with Ocean, Kerrigan is doing family stuff, Cesium is busy with a friend of his... who else? Poledina's teaching Penny speech and working on his things, which I have no interest in... Oh, and I've spent enough time with Ruby as is."

I was bored. Everyone was out doing something I didn't care to intrude in or didn't want to. I have a surprisingly large social circle actually for not being very outgoing. Sure Roman and Poledina are technically employees but I do visit Poledina from time to time and so does Ruby. Roman isn't too much of a prick since he has a healthy fear for me as Abyss or Mystic.

I could go see how the factories are coming. Jacques conceded a fair number of faunus rights to his workers and pulled off a legitimate audit of his company for abuses of authority and racism with Sienna making sure he doesn't cut corners. How Roman pulled that off I don't know. I wasn't paying attention. Probably a backroom deal.

In exchange for the audit we conceded for the factories for processing to be built in Atlas so that they're under the SDC's tax reductions by the kingdom however the crops themselves are going to grow on Patch primarily with secondary plantations on menagerie.

Nobody ever considered the shitty tropical islands to be worth anything since there's no dust deposits but the fire root will grow fantastically there since it's so hot and the water fruit grows fine in the saltwater and menagerie happens to have several still bodies of saltwater to grow the things. The water fruit is also growing in patch too and the light bulbs (damn it Yang) are only growing on patch because they need decent soil and the tropical storms in menagerie would ruin them.

The light bulbs are a little fragile as far as trees go. They have somewhat big leaves to collect sunlight and with intense wind they might get ripped off. The SDC doesn't get an in on those crops since they don't need processing. We can just attack a cable to the trees and siphon off power. Stretching a line of power across the strait to Vale is easy enough for us and there's even been talk of winding a cable down the coast to Vacuo through some villages.

The SDC with their side of the deal does the shipping and builds and maintains the factories while nature's bounty grows the crops and sells the actual products although the SDC gets a cut of the profits.

That's the basics of it anyways. There's a whole lot of legal fine print and such. Roman hired some of the best lawyers in the kingdoms so I'm not very worried. Jacques probably won't pull one over me. I got a very strongly worded letter and what could be called a threat for my invitation to Sienna but it's not too worrying. The white fang conceded that they won't attack the SDC factories associated with nature's bounty anyways.