Escape

Me and Remus had managed to keep our relationship hidden from everybody for the rest of the school year. We managed to sneak off to the library to 'study' together a lot, which actually meant that we would just quietly have conversations alone in one of the far corners of the room. The boys don't seem to suspect anything. But the school year is over and it's the holidays once again. I am dreading the holidays this year. The Potters are having family over for the first week so me and Sirius have to go back to Grimmauld, the worst place on this entire planet, for at least a week.

"It wont be that bad Y/n." Remus says. 
"You haven't met my mum, she's literally the spawn of Satan." I reply and Remus shakes his head slightly. 
"Y/n, she cant be that bad." He says. Memories of the last summer I was there flash into my mind. 
"You don't know what she's capable of." I say shaking my head. Remus puts his hand on mine and I look into his eyes. 
"You'll be fine, you're the strongest person I know, you can do this." He says and I smile slightly.
"How do you always know what to say to make me feel better?" I ask and Remus chuckles slightly. 
"Because I spend way too much time with you." He says jokingly, making me laugh a little bit.

**********

"We're almost there." James says looking out the window. "Will you two need a lift home?" He asks me and Sirius. I shake my head.
"She'll be there picking up her precious little boy." I say sarcastically. 
"What, Sirius?" James asks confusedly. 
"No, Regulus. Her other son." I say looking at James like he's gone insane. 
"Right, yeah, sorry, I forget you two have a younger brother." We all laugh at this. 
"I hate to admit it, but I'm actually going to miss you James." I say. 
"Aww, I'll miss you too loser." He says laughing slightly. 

**********

We arrived at the platform and I dreaded going home. James, Sirius and Peter were all saying their goodbyes and Remus stood next to me.
"You'll be fine." He assures me as he pulls me in for a hug. "Owl me if your mum pisses you off too much."
"You'll be receiving a bunch of letters then." I joke. "I'm gonna miss you."
"I'll miss you too." He says and kisses me on the top of my head, which nobody sees. I say goodbye to James and Peter then me and Sirius head over to where mum and Regulus were standing waiting on us. 

"Took you long enough." She mutters. 
"Good to see you too." I say sarcastically.

**********

We had been here six days and I had mostly stayed out of mums way. Often I would go outside on a long walk and Sirius would join me occasionally. He had been much quieter than usual, I think its because he misses James. James hasn't been able to write, he's been busy spending time with his family, I guess Sirius is missing his best friend and I miss mine. I've sent Remus a few letters already and I love reading his response but it isn't the same. I miss seeing him, hearing his voice, his hugs. 

Right now, I'm up in my room alone, Merlin knows where Sirius is or what he's up to. 
That's when I hear yelling coming from downstairs, I guess I know where Sirius is now. I exit my room and cautiously walk down the stairs. I look through to the kitchen where I see mum and Sirius yelling at each other. What the fuck has that idiot done this time? I quietly walk through the hall, getting closer and closer to the kitchen. I stop outside the kitchen door and listen to them yell at each other for a moment but then mum pulls out her wand and that's when I know it's time to take action.