- 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"  back in black  "

✌︎  ✌︎  ✌︎

[ two kids enjoy some alone time together, until they go their separate ways, one being interrupted by some horrible news ]

IN THE IVERS' BACKYARD, TWO KIDS STOOD IN FRONT OF THE PATCH OF DISTURBED DIRT

JOHANNA SNIFFLED, LOOKING DOWN AT THE PLOT WHERE THE TWO HAD BURIED TABIT. She had invited everybody, but all of them had been busy. Richie was the only one who showed. Richie put an arm around her shoulders, rubbing her shoulder. Johanna leaned over, placing a rose on the ground in front of the stone.

"Tabit, y-you were th-th-the best d-dog a g-girl like me c-c-could ask f-fuh-f-for. I h-hope where eh-ever y-you are n-nub-n-now you are happy. Ah-Ah-And you get plenty uh-of belly rubs. A-And those r-r-ruh-red rope treats you l-l-luh-love." Johanna stood up, tears rolling down her cheeks. She sniffled, trying not to think about her beloved dog and how she had met her end. It had been three days since the battle at the well house. Johanna could still see that clown's face twisting into a huge smile. She could see the glass poking out of the limp body of her beloved dog.

Richie put his arm around her shoulders, bringing her out of her thoughts. Johanna wrapped her arms around his torso, her eyes glued to the dirt. "A-A-Are you going t-t-to say a few words, R-R-Ruh-Richie?" Johanna asked, looking up at the raven haired boy, trying to clear the tension. He nodded, squeezing her shoulder. He took in a breath, looking at the tousled plot of dirt.

"Hey, um, Tabit. We didn't know each other all that well, but you kept my girl safe." Richie said, turning to look at Johanna, seeing the perfect time to lighten the mood. "Seeing as she is always calling me for help." He said, smirking down at her. She rolled her eyes, parting from the boy. She wiped under her eyes, drying her cheeks. She sighed looking up at the boy.

"Are you all right, Jo?" Richie asked. His eyebrows knitted together and his nose scrunched up. Johanna always loved when he showed his 'nasty' -- according to him -- habit. She looked at his face, her heart warming.

"N-No, but I-I-I'll be better, h-hopefully." She said, smiling as she sniffled. He grabbed her hand, smiling down at the girl. "Do you wanna go to the arcade? I can teach you all my tricks." Richie said, holding both her hands in his. She frowned, squeezing his hands. She looked back at her house. In the window she could see Mr.John watching TV. She turned back, shaking her head at his request.

"N-No, I have t-t-to clean up or h-he'll get mad again." Johanna said motioning towards the window, Richie nodded understanding. He pulled her towards him, wrapping his arms around her waist. She wrapped her ams around his torso, her head pressed against his chest. "If he touches you again, call me. You can always come to my house..." He trailed off, his voice dropping for only her to hear. His chin grazed the top of her head as he spoke. "You could spend the night, I'd take real good care of you, Chatterbox." Richie continued.

Johanna let out a breath, scoffing. "In your dreams, T-Tozier." He nodded, pulling away from the girl, looking down at her. "How'd you know?" Richie said, leaning down and kissing her cheek. She smiled, grabbing his hand pulling him to his bike. He wordlessly hopped on to his bike, smiling he looked down to the girl beside him. "I'll see you later?" Richie said, his hands squeezing the handle bars.

She nodded, showing him a crooked grin. "Okay, Richie. D-D-Don't spend your wh-whole s-suh-sus-summer playing that game." Johanna said, fiddling with her fingers. He smirked, an amused look playing out across his face. "Why, would you like me to play with you instead?" Richie asked, Johanna's cheeks flushed as she shook her head. "Shut up, Richie." She mumbled.

"I'll do anything you want me too, Jo." He smiled down at her, to which she rolled her eyes at. She moved to give him one last hug before he left. The two wrapped each other in a hug. "I'll miss you." He hummed, showing a pout as they parted. Johanna giggled, her heart fluttering. "I'll s-suh-see you tomorrow. Or l-luh-later." She said smiling sweetly to him.

"Well, that's not soon enough." He said, his pout deepening. She leaned in to kiss him. The two smiling as they parted.

"Goodbye, Johanna." He said, smiling at her as he placed his feet on the pedals.

"Goodbye, Richie." She said as he rode off. She turned around once his figure disappeared over the horizon. She made her way to start cleaning up the front lawn. Beer can and cigarette butts littered the lawn. She huffed as she bent over to pick up the trash. Her thoughts drifted to the buried dog beneath her feet. How that clown twisted her body, twisted Eddie's arm. How that clown had twisted her parents in the front seat of the car.

She sniffled, feeling the tears sting her eyes once again. She put the last butt into the plastic bag she had grabbed from the front porch. She couldn't believe how much her life had changed during the last few days.

She was thrown out of her thoughts when she heard a branch crack behind her. She stiffened, grabbing the shovel that had been laying uselessly on the ground after Richie had buried Tabit with. She clenched it turning around to see Bill Denbrough. She let out a relieved sigh, dropping the shovel to the ground.

Bill hopped off his bike, dropping it to the ground, his hands clenched to fists. "Johanna, we have a p-puh-p-problem." He said, his voice coming out hushed and dripping in worry.

The two moved closer to each other. "B-B-Buh-Bill, is something wr-wrong? D-Did something h-h-huh-happen?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion. He nodded, gulping. Her jaw clenched and she gulped, waiting for Bill to fill her in on what had happened.

<< mabrie has entered the chat room >>

hi ho, my reader-o's. wow that
was something i hope to never say again, lol.
i'm really sorry for not posting in a while,
i'm trying to spread the ending
out. i have no clue what to write
after this is done, besides the
sequels.... so if you have
recommendations, please tell me :)

i'm thinking of trying again
with a stranger things fic, or
an avengers one?
i have no clue, man. help me!