"We tried to get him out, but he caused suspicion" Namjoon spoke
"What happened to him?!" Taehyung demanded a proper answer, growing more and more scared for what his best friend might have gone through or be going through.
"They caught him out and they've basically arrested him" Jin spoke, Taehyung groaning in frustration as he pulled on his hair.
"We can't leave him in there" Taehyung spoke under his breath, yet they all heard it.

"What do we do then?" Ailee asked, but Taehyung had already figured something out.
"We wait here until dark, then we're all gonna sneak in and get him out" Taehyung spoke as suddenly a siren went off and an announcement was heard about the creatures who'd broke out.
"Until then we have to hide" Hoseok spoke anxiously as they ran for the nearby trees, choosing to hide in there.

It was a rather long and boring wait until the sky turned dark and the moon shone down, but it reminded them of the old times, like the lair being hidden in the trees and even the elf portal being surrounded in a forest.

The night eventually came, the cool air causing them to shiver, but they perceived, slowly heading back to the zoo, which was still on lockdown, however now they had spotlights searching around the premises, more guards than usual with shot guns and flashlights.

"Shit, what do we do?" Yoongi groaned at the horrifying sight, but Taehyung was not willing to give up as he gestured for them to follow him.

Silently they moved through the trees, slipping around the back of the zoo where the security room was, knowing Jungkook would be held there.
It was surprising how quick and silent they were, the wolves jumping over the wall with ease, giving Ailee and Jin a boost up as within minutes they were all back in the zoo premises.

Small noises could be heard from inside the security office, Taehyung and Ailee heading over to the window whilst the others kept watch, the both of them peaking in.

Jungkook was currently handcuffed to a table, forced to sit in a chair as he was being interrogated and by the look on his face, this had been going on for hours.

"Why did you help the elf break free?" The security man asked, but Jungkook stayed silent.
"Did you set the missing wolves free too?" He questioned but once again Jungkook didn't answer, the security man sighing angrily as he picked up his coffee cup.
"I'm gonna get a drink and when I come back I want those answers" He warned in a low and threatening voice, Jungkook looking straight a head of him with no sign of fear as the man walked out, leaving Jungkook to try and fight the handcuffs off.

"Jungkook!" He looked up to the window to see two people peeking at him.
"Get me the fuck out of here!" He whisper shouted as Taehyung hopped up and slid his way in, walking over to his friend who stared at him with daggers.
"I'm so sorry" Taehyung apologises, grabbing the metal handcuffs and snapping them with ease as Jungkook jumped up and was out of that window at the speed of light.

Taehyung was quick to follow as they successfully escaped, but Jungkook was not happy at all.
"How the fuck have I got involved in this?!" He whisper shouted
"I'm sorry, it wasn't apart of the plan-" Ailee went to try and apologise.
"Shut up! Somehow you roped me into this and it could have got me arrested!" Jungkook spat angrily at her.

"That's it, I'm done" Jungkook began to walk away.
"Kook we need you" Taehyung stepped in, Jungkook whipping around to look at him as he stared at him in disgust.
"I don't even know you! Any of you! This isn't real! You're all crazy and need serious help! I should let the zoo know you're here and-"

"Kookie?" They heard a nearby voice that made them freeze, but Jungkook's eyes widened when he heard it. They turned to where the voice was and it only clicked in their heads then where they were.
They were just next to the vampire enclosure and Jennie was stood right there.

Jungkook stared at her, his eyes wide at the beautiful vampire who's just said his nickname. But it wasn't the fact she was beautiful or said his name that made him go into shock, it was the familiar face he saw and voice he heard. He felt like he'd seen her before, heard her before.

"Kookie it's me, Jennie" She spoke as she pressed her hands against the glass, eyes with hope glistening and tears welling as she was almost begging the human she fell in love with to remember her.
"You remember me right?" She asked, but she noticed the hesitance in him.
"You protected me, you saved me and let me drink your blood to keep me alive" She tried to jog his memory.
"Kookie I-"

"You promised you'd come back for me" Jungkook spoke out of nowhere, everyone turning to him in shock. The look on his face said it all. He was beginning to remember her, which meant he could remember everything.
"You promised I'd see you again" Jungkook stepped forwards as he walked up to the glass in front of her.
"I'm sorry, I-"
"It's not your fault" He interrupted her as he pressed his hand against the glass.

All he wanted to do was hold her like he remembered doing the first day they met when she was weak and thirsty. He remembered holding her from falling in his arms, her frail body leaning against his own as he wrapped a blanket around her. He remembered allowing her to drink his blood, her sharp teeth digging into his neck and he remembered the feeling so vividly, only for her to kiss over the marks and heal his wound.

"Jennie, I'm so sorry I forgot you" He told her, but she smirked.
"It's not me you should be apologising to" She gestured behind him, turning around to see them all and suddenly, what felt like a wave in his brain hit him.

He remembered the wolf lair and fighting in it as a vampire himself, only for them to become best friends afterwards. He remembered the elf portal and he remembered running away from a family who never cared about him in order to protect a little elf with pointy ears and purple eyes and plump lips.

But for some reason he remembered not needing a family. He had the most amazing friends around him, but he remembered a mother who wasn't really his mother always being there for him, a younger sister who wasn't his younger sister wanting to play with him all the time and it was uncanny how much she looked like the young girl in front of him now.

But he remembered a brother from another mother. Someone who always had his back and always was there from him, right from the moment they met at some stupid gaming club, to going round to each other's houses and playing said stupid games. He remembered laughing with him and crying with him and sharing his pain and happiness and their secrets. He remembered how they were as thick as thieves and even when he was falling in love with the little elf with purple eyes, he always had Jungkook's back.

"Tae.." Jungkook breathed out and Taehyung almost sighed with relief as he pulled his best friend into a hug.
"Thank god you remember me" Taehyung spoke, grateful when he felt Jungkook actually hug him back.
"I'm sorry I forgot such an amazing friend like you" Jungkook murmured as suddenly all the others began to join the group hug and it began to feel like their little circle was about to be complete again.

Except one person was missing.

"We have to go" Jin broke the nice silence when he heard security guards nearby.
Instantly Jungkook turned back to Jennie in worry, but she smiled at him softly.
"Go, I'll keep an eye on everything here" She told him.
"But-"
"Kookie I know you'll come back for me" She told him.
"I know I'll see you again"

Jungkook smiled. He so wanted to run and kiss her for the first time, but she was stuck behind glass and there wasn't even a way for him to hug her or touch her. All he could do was place his hand on the glass against hers, the nearest they could get to contact.

"Go!" Jennie panicked as she heard the voices getting nearer, watching as the group rushed to the wall and safely jumped over it.

They were free and she knew she could trust them to get them out of this place.