8.

Taehyung was anxious as he walked back into the enclosure a few days later, the doctors deciding they wanted to try him again in hopes of him settling down.

Hoseok had come to visit him every day of the past week and the two seemed to be back on normal terms, the doctors acknowledging how comfortable he seemed with Hoseok and they hoped he could help Taehyung settle down.

"Listen, I spoke to everyone and I said if they don't have anything nice to say they just avoid you okay?" Hoseok reassured Taehyung as they walked out into view, his arm around Taehyung's shoulders as he kept his eyes down and bit at his nails.

He didn't look up as the both of them walked to the centre of the enclosure before taking a seat in the sun, Hoseok trying to distract Taehyung from the many visitors sat watching them and the other wolves who were in wolf form. Hoseok could tell that Taehyung hated that, but he knew it was actually being with the wolf pack that made him more nervous.

Suddenly a group of kids began admiring them as they began to make comments which Hoseok internally sighed at.

"Is this the one they said is ill or something?" One boy asked his friend who nodded
"He looks so anxious" one of the girls with them spoke in a sympathetic tone.
"Yeah maybe you should go in there and give him a hug" The boy nudged her
"Yeah until he probably rips her apart" The other girl with them spoke

"Stop it guys, look at him" The girl spoke
"He's actually quite cute" she remarked and that caught the attention of the whole wolf pack who looked directly at Taehyung, making him more anxious. A wooing sound erupted from the girls friends before more comments were hurled at him. The more he heard them, the more looks he got from both the rest of the pack and the general public. He felt like all eyes were on him, his every move being watched and it built up a sick feeling in his stomach.

"What you're saying is you wanna date a werewolf?" One of the lads teased his friend but Hoseok could tell Taehyung was more uncomfortable with this than the girl was who rolled her eyes and they continued to make comments about him. Hoseok didn't hesitate to stand up before he led Taehyung away from the teenagers who were still making comments about him.

"They're just dumb teens, don't take any notice" Hoseok tried to tell Taehyung but he shook his head.
"It's just embarrassing" Taehyung complained as he was more nervous that the whole wolf pack had witnessed what happened and were most likely judging him for it rather than the teens actually being dumb.

Hoseok glanced out from the trees, seeing they'd gone as he took a hold of Taehyung's hand and led him out to join the others again.

"Has he recovered from his panic attack?" Shownu called out in a mocking way, earning a few laughs from some of the wolves.
"Shut up Shownu, it's none of your concern" Hoseok snapped at him, staying by Taehyung's side as he cowered slightly, his head hanging lower.

"Yeah, none of my concern that it's his fault we ended up here" Shownu jumped down from the high place where he was sat.
"Y'know I always thought you were smart and looked out for us all, but I guess not" He spoke words full of venom as Taehyung felt his confidence and happiness plummeting.
"What were we even thinking to let you into the wolf pack?" Shownu laughed

"Shut the fuck up man!" Hoseok shoved Shownu away
"He's been good to us and he made one mistake and you turned your back on him" Hoseok spoke to them all but Shownu only sniggered, not backing down.

Suddenly he jumped into his wolf form, ready to attack Taehyung who seemed slow to defend himself, Hoseok realising this as he jumped in to action, tackling Shownu away from Taehyung as they both began to brawl. It attracted an audience who rushed over to witness the fight, seeing two large dogs rolling around as they snapped and snarled and growled at one another, clawing at each other.

Shownu somehow managed to pin Hoseok down, digging his teeth into him as Hoseok whimpered in pain, Shownu backing off as he turned to Taehyung with anger and revenge in his eyes.

Taehyung's mind told him he needed to fight back, but his will was too weak. He felt guilty as he watched Hoseok whimpering in pain, trying and failing to stand from his injury. Taehyung had no protection now and he was all by himself.

Shownu ran at Taehyung once again. He didn't want to fight back, but his mind knew he had to protect himself, jumping into wolf form as the audience gasped. He was larger than Shownu and Hoseok by a huge amount, yet he seemed to do nothing as Shownu tackled him to the floor.

He didn't fight back once, watching as Shownu snarled, ready to mawl him alive when suddenly another huge gasp was heard, louder than the other as Shownu was shoved off.

Taehyung rose to his feet as he turned back into his human form, a gasp leaving his lips as he was shocked to see who was stood defending him. But it was no wonder why the audience who gathered were stood in awe and amazement, Namjoon was the biggest and strongest out of all of them.

Shownu backed off instantly, turning into his human form as he had his hands in surrender as he backed away.

Namjoon remained in his wolf form for a few seconds as he growled lowly and threateningly at Shownu, turning back into his human form as he glared at him in the same way.

"Don't you dare treat your second in command like that" Namjoon's voice was deep and dark and it was a tone of voice he hadn't used since the days when he used to threaten people to get what he wanted.
"Taehyung has been nothing but good to us and you disrespect him like this. He's suffering enough as it is and putting on a show, embarrassing him and injuring one of my best friends certainly won't help" Namjoon warned him before he turned to everyone in the pack who had gathered.

"Now like Hoseok said before, have nothing nice to say to Taehyung? Fuck off and leave him alone. Do I make myself clear?!" He shouted
"Yes Namjoon" All of them responded before they all fled the scene and went about doing their own thing.

Hoseok slowly rose to his feet, Namjoon rushing over and checking his injury. Luckily it wasn't too extreme, but he would need to have it treated as soon as possible.

Namjoon turned to Taehyung once he knew Hoseok was semi okay, seeing the weak and unhappy state he was in and his heart began to ache for him.

"I shouldn't be second in command anymore" Taehyung told him shyly
"You should-"
"I should start supporting you rather than throwing you to the side like you're unwanted" Namjoon butted in as he put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.
"I'm so sorry Tae, I hope one day you can forgive me and we can go back to how we were" Namjoon spoke sadly, but Taehyung wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tightly.
"I already forgive you" He spoke softly as Namjoon reciprocated the hug.

Namjoon looked over his shoulder at Hoseok who smiled contently at the fact he'd actually managed to talk some sense into Namjoon. This was the Namjoon he used to know who would look out for all of his wolves, even the ones who had done wrong things in their lives.

He heard a grumble behind him, turning to see Yoongi spitefully glaring at the scene before him as he made eye contact with Hoseok.
"Don't expect an apology from me" he mumbled to him before he walked off and left the three of them alone.

Hoseok turned back round and saw the sad look on Taehyung's face and he knew he'd heard what Yoongi said and he'd seen the horrible glare Yoongi sent his way.

"He'll come around Tae, don't worry" Hoseok told him as he joined the two, both of them having their arms around Taehyung's shoulders as they began to walk him to the side of the enclosure where they sat for the rest of the day and tried to cheer him up.

It worked as they talked like old times about anything and everything, but it wasn't the same Taehyung they know and loved.

Every now and again, they'd catch a glimmer of him. Like a small smile like he used to, a bit of laughter that was contagious to anyone, a smart and sassy comment or a loving and supporting glance. It wasn't as strong as it used to be, but there was still the chance of the old Taehyung being trapped inside this new Taehyung.

He was just waiting for the time to come back out of hiding.