Goddess of Corpses

"The ghost of the blind girl is here again!"

I look over. "Let's go find the sound of the bamboo pole!"

I look over to WuXian, obviously going to say something. "She clearly wanted to tell us something important last night. She disappeared the moment Xue Yang arrived. So she probably was hiding from him".

I nod. "I would hide from that pervert any day". He looks over to me. "Oh don't give me that look. He's a big perv and I don't like being around him. Let alone near him".

"Xue Yang?! Why was he here? Was it not Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan?" JingYi's confusion made me realise that they have no idea Xue Yang was impersonating a cultivator. He only took off the disguise when they all left.

"Uh, I'll explain later," WuXian kindly pushes him to the side.

I roll my eyes. "The person fighting Hanguang-Jun is now Xiao Xingchen. It's actually Xue Yang impersonating him".

"Exactly," he nods.

I just flip my hair. "Why explain later when you can explain now?"

He sighs then calls out to everyone. "Let's go for now". He turns back and yells to Hanguang-Jun. "Hanguang-Jun, I'll leave it to you. We're gonna go ahead!"

He plays his zither making WuXian and I chuckle. He was using his instrument to reply 'mn' to him.

JingYi runs by. "That is it? You are not going to say anything else?"

WuXian stops walking. "What else do you want me to do? What else do I need to say?"

"Why did you two not say..." JiYing switches between them, reenacting something from a play. "'I'm worried about you, I'm staying!' 'Just go!' 'No! I'm not going! If I'm going you're going with me!' Is it not a must?"

I start giggling while WuXian facepalms. "Who taught you all that?" Whispers to himself.

After the little excursion, the blind ghost girl led us to a coffin house. Looking at corpses are my thing. I don't want to look at something that I will be in one day.

I sat outside for awhile then immediately got bored. What do we do when we're bored and curious? Exactly. You go inside. So that's exactly what I did.

The moment I entered was the moment the blind girl runs into WuXian. I fall to the floor with wide eyes. "Why?" I whisper.

All eyes appear to be on me though I do not care to look. One kneels by me, placing their hand in my shoulder. "It's okay. He's not dead".

I quickly stand up, walking over seeing the real Xiao XingChen in the coffin. "Why did you let him do that? It could damage his cultivation if he's not careful. Why are you just standing there?!"

SiZhui calmly walks towards, passing everyone to get to me. He lays both hands on my shoulders. "He's going to be fine. Have faith in your friend".

Yeah, friend. Sure, the one who took my real friend away. "I apologise. I know he'll be fine. Out of everyone in this room, he's probably the most qualified. Excluding me of course".

JingYi snorts. I turn my attention to him. "Why don't I see you do it next? Since you're so gifted. If you want to fight then go somewhere else because I refuse to fight complete imbeciles," I turn back, walking straight out of the coffin house. "Blithering idiot".

In anger, I kick the ground, making it rumble slightly. "Stupid boy. Stupid men. Stupid males. Stupid stupid stupid!" It isn't the smartest idea to yell when corpses are nearby. It can disturb the dead. And that's exactly why fierce corpses are running toward me. "Just perfect," I grit my teeth. "Feel my blades!" I snarl as I rush forward, tearing my way through them.

"Not only am I an idiot but I'm stuck in this shotty place with these shotty people with a fierce shotty corpse. I'm having a great time!" I continue spewing out insults as I make my way through the crowd, killing everything in sight.

Everything killed or being killed. My only thought is to draw blood, when my vision turns red. Everything is red. Nothing is not untouched by the colour. My mind is in a haze, using my dagger to eliminate everything in my path.

Kill. Kill. Kill. KILL! KILL EVERYTHING!

I feel a something tug my arm. I whip around, dagger swinging. I continue to attack until I hear a familiar voice. "Calm down. It's me. Goddess of mercy, please".

I drop my dagger, staggering back. "My name..." I whisper. "You. You said my name".

"Because that's who you truly are. A goddess of mercy. The only goddess of destruction to turn herself away from violence and chose love over fighting. You have compassion".

I fall to my knees. Tears of blood running down my face. He wipes the tears off my cheeks. "No woman should cry".

Hot clear tears fall. I let out my emotions and hug the person in front of me. "Thank you, JingYi. I needed that". My voice shakes and is muffled in his clothing.

"You're still a female and females should be protected".

"You're unusually sappy," I chuckle, while gripping his clothes.

"Well, you're still a girl".

"Thank you for the observation genius," I wipe my tears away, pulling back.

"I'm trying to be nice and you're just spitting in my face," his brows furrow.

I shrug then grin. "Can't help the way I am. Also, thank you. Thank you for calming me down". JingYi nods back at me. "Well, I guess we should get back". I stand up, brushing off the dirt from my clothes.

I look up to see SiZhui. My eyes widen when his eyes looked sad. He saw... "It's not what you think. He was just calming me down from going on a killing spree!"

I hate misconceptions. It really pisses me off, to be honest.

He turns around, walking back into the coffin house. "I guess we should go back. Might as well stay together".

Someone said to update. So here it is! 😊

Goddess | GDCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें