Goddess of Memory

"Well, I'm going to sleep. I'm tired from acting and falling on my beautiful face," I yawn, sitting back against the wall.

As my eyes close, I hear a chuckle. Nothing follows, not even a reply back. I hear a light shuffle next to me. Then a quiet voice. "But, the founder was a man".

I dismiss his ignorance and fall asleep. The dream comes after, is not so pleasant. It's my memories from my past life.

I had a long life back then. The monk I encounter was later on in my years. He established a foothold while I put down one thousand guidelines. They were not rules but merely guidelines. He took them too far, having everything strict to the point where the guidelines turned to rules and later into law. I was never one to abide by such nonsensical power.

One by one, the rules became even more ridiculous. I could not follow any longer, throwing all the anger and resentment to make a point. But, the others took that as a threat and treated me like one. So I killed one of them. In my mind, the guidelines were mere principle but, in his they were much more.

That day, I began to list after lives, taking them as I please, filling my boredom with the blood cover my hands. One after the other, I couldn't stop myself, I didn't want to stop. Even when I calmed down about the rules, I still wanted more power over the lives of many. So I controlled them, I controlled people with the sound of my voice and shake the ground with a stomp of my foot. I wanted more power. I wanted to become invincible but, my life ended at the hands of one man. The man I considered to be my friend.

So, I died that day. But, when heard a voice crying out. I could not see, I could only hear the plea. I mustered all the strength I could and spoke to the woman. Thinking that I had another chance to prove myself. To have killed at the age of seven.

Fate has a funny way of spitting in your face. Growing up in loving home, with both parents. Receiving love that shouldn't be mine but I still excepted it. When the SunShot Campaign went on, it was my seventh birthday. Mother called it perfect timing, I called it Hell in its purest form.

I asked for it but I couldn't move, no, I didn't move. I only watched as she put the dagger father made for me in my hands, while she smiled with tears down her face, as she drove it through her body. I watched the light of her eyes vanish. The one person I could count on. Gone.

I was lost for a long time until the fateful day I met, Mo XuanYu. That's when a friendship between idiots was born.

The dream, in particular, has me thinking as I watch everything from the side lines. But, my dream gets interrupted by doors swinging open. I open my eyes to see men with torches yell, "murderers", but my body is still waking up.

My eyes flutter open as the men drag WeiXian and I to the main part of the house. "What's going on?" I mumble, voicing his thoughts as well. I'm too tired to walk so I let them drag me, even though they roughly pull my arms. Painful.

When we got there, they throw me to the floor but, WuXian didn't which pisses me off. At the same time, I'm too tired to care.

I rub my arm, trying to smooth out the pain. I look up to see a body covered with a blanket. The strange sight intrigues me so I walk over, still holding my arm. When I see the face behind the blanket, my countenance never changes. The body before me is none other than XuanYu's cousin. Instead of being concerned, I stare at him with disappointment. "What do you do this time," I mumble, shaking my head slightly.

The madam rushes toward me with a knife. My heart almost stops, trying to dodge, until my cultivator, in neatly pressed clothing, intercept. He holds her back as she screams. "They killed him. They killed my child!"