Goddess of Travel

I flutter my eyes open, trying to adjust them to the light. "She's awake".

I groan, feeling like my body stiff as a sword. I turn my head to see Jingaling, or whatever his name is, leave the room. Slowly stretching my body to move, I eventually sit upright.

"How are you feeling, young mistress?"

I rub the side of my forehead. "In pain. Stiff. Soar. Did I say pain? Yes I did. Painful. My head hurts and... never mind. I shouldn't complain," I sigh.

"Well, bleeding from your qiqiao does tend to harm not only physical but also the mental," the familiar mnemonic voice says.

Wait. I turn to look at the person with the soothing voice and it's SiZhui. SiZhui?!!!! "Um I. I um...". Not trusting capability of speech, I close my mouth.

I'm NOT going to act like a fool. Fools... fools. Where's... "Where's we- where's Mo XuanYu? And Hanguang-Jun?"

"They left a little while ago-"

"What?! I mean what? How could they just leave me here? Nobody wants me here. They should've taken me with them". I take a deep breath and let the tension in my body relax. I look back to SiZhui fully collected. "Is there anything I missed when I was out for the count?"

SiZhui nods making me sigh. "Hanguang-Jun said that you'll be under my care. We are to set out to find fierce corpses and cleanse the land until they complete the mission their on," he explains slowly.

I nod in understanding. So I'm going to be travelling with people who want me dead and under the care of yours truly SiZhui. I think I can manage. "I guess the only thing I can do now is get ready, right?"

He nods in confirmation. I look around and see my dagger. I slowly get up, refusing his helping hand, to take ahold of my special dagger. Turning around, I grin. "I'm ready".
_____

We set out on horses, though I am sad that lil apple is gone but I'm just going to suck it up and deal with it. At least I'm riding on the same horse as SiZhui. I get to hold him and not feel guilty. I get to touch him without being weird about it. Because, you know, I'M HOLDING HIM IN MY ARMS! Oops. Inner thoughts going wild.

Anyway, I'm glad to get out of the Cloud Recesses. Too stuffy and stiff. The only stiff I want is the back of- I'm getting too carried away. Hahahahaha. Carried away on a horse. Pfft.

I'm bored. I'll just do the infamous line of the century. "Are we there yet?"

I look to side of me, seeing Lingling, or whatever his name is, and let's just say he isn't happy. "No. We're not".

I guess I ticked him off. Which means... a little while later I ask the same question, just to get Jingaling mad. Oh how fun it is to mess with him.

After about an hour later. "Are we there yet".

Lingajing or Jingaling or JiLing grits his teeth. "No. No we're not".

Just to mess with him even more, I ask again after 20 minutes. "Are we there yet?"

"No we're not!"

I stifle my laughter but it doesn't work. "Hahaha. You yelled. That's amazing. Aren't I amazing? I made him yell. Oh how awesome I am. "By the way, are we there yet?"

SiZhui smiles. "Almost".

I gasp. "Almost? Wow. I'm such a patient person".

I hear Jingaling mutter under his breath. I giggle at his childishness. "What is the omphalos of this journey anyway? What are we doing?"

"We're going to the place where many fierce corpses has been showing up a lot lately. We might even run into Hanguang-Jun. If we do then we can dump you off," Jingaling spits out.

I look at him with a dumb expression. "How kind of you. Now calm yourself down, Jingaling. We don't want you to raise your voice". I grin at the last sentence.

"Whatever". He huffs then realises what I just called him. "AND MY NAME IS NOT JINGALING".

"Oof. Snappy, aren't we," I point my left pointer finger at him then rub off the shame with my other one. "For shame. For shame".

It's just too easy. "Shut it, you lunatic murderer".

"Now that really stung," I pout.

SiZhui sighs. "Stop fighting. It's not noble of you to yell at the young mistress. And for the young mistress, I would advise you not to anger JingYi".

"Ooh. So that's his name. I've been calling him Jingaling because I didn't know his name," I let out cheeky grin.

"We're here," one of the disciples announces.

I squeal in happiness and run off. SiZhui yells after me. "Wait..." But I was long gone.

The place seems very foggy the farther I walk. "Wow, this is some thick fog. Or I could call it a cold steam bath. Pfft".

I've been walking and lost the boys. Probably not the best choice I've made but eh, whatever.

There's a swing of blue light. I le gasp. "LUNATIC! Hanguang-Jun!" I run forward to see Wei Ying. I jump on him, scaring him to death. I rub my cheek against his. "I missed you you idiot. I could've died at the hands of Jingaling. I mean JingYi".

"Don't do that! I thought I was being attacked by a fierce corpse!"

I got off flipping my hair dramatically. "Pfft. Whatever. You missed me too. I'm just too awesome not to be missed".

Something fast runs by. Faster than a human can move. I get in a fighting stance. "Why can't people just stay dead? It would be a lot easier to deal with the body".

"That is very comforting," he snorts.

"Oh why thank you. I do try after all," I bow. I get hit in the head. "Ow! Don't hit me!"

"I didn't".

"Then who the hell hit me?!" I yell.

I unsheathe my dagger, squinting my eyes to scan the surrounding area. What the hell hit me?