Goddess of Acting

"Please! Bring me back my baby! I pray to you goddess! Please bring back my baby's soul! I will do anything!" The mother cried.

A tiny haunting voice whispered in her ear. "On the seventh year, you shall take your life by your daughter's hands. A life for a life. If this is not met then you all will die~".

The voice rushed through her mind but, even if she didn't trust it. The mother was still blinded by sorrow, accepting the offer without hesitation. When the room brightened again, she saw her little baby breathing like she never died.

The miracle she thought to be a blessing, had another soul harbouring inside her baby. The goddess of destruction herself, Guan Yin.

I haven't seen XuanYu lately. Where is that cut-sleeve lunatic? We were suppose to go weird people out today. I wonder if his cousin got to him first. He does have a tendency to steal XuanYu's stuff. 'Your stuff is technically my stuff so it doesn't belong to you like you don't belong here either, you damn cut-sleeve'. Probably what he would say, something along those lines.

We were supposed to meet in the morning by our tree but, he seems to be running super late. I hate waiting.

I slump to the ground, drawing in the dirt with a stick I found. The drawing was of HanGuang-Jun because of reasons. Well, he does have flawless skin, beautiful well-kept hair, clean white clothes, piercing eyes that can melt someone, and has an elegance of a flower. In other words, perfect. But, I knew all too well that he doesn't liked to be touched by anyone. And, avoids women like the plague. It's not like he hates them but I think it's more on the line of being in love with someone.

I heard stories about the Sunshot campaign, though I was alive then, some people make WuXian sound like he was born evil. I've met him once, before he was known as some wild beast. He flirted with every girl, bothered Wangji to death, got into trouble for fun, loved hunting for pheasants, and patted me on the head for tripping Jiang Cheng on "accident". I was small but this isn't my body so I remember everything that happened. Even that day I had to kill the mother.

So, in all, HanGuang-Jun is attracted to the YiLing Patriarch. Though they couldn't cultivate his soul, I believe he will return, that I can guarantee.

Having sat here for at least an hour, I stand up kicking the drawing. Sighing, I run my hands through my bangs. "Might as well go find him," I kick at the drawing once more, then turning around to head for XuanYu's shack. Not much of a house at all.

When I arrive, the doors are wide open. I look over to lil-Apple, because I used to throw apples at him until he liked me, but the stupid animal turns his head. I dismiss his attitude, going inside to search for him. I glance around seeing everything broken but, no sign of the lunatic. "Wow. I think I guessed right on this then," I mutter.

My gaze lands on a cultivation circle on the ground. "Is that...?" I touch the ground rubbing the red between my fingers. "Blood," I comment more than a question.

I've seen my fair share of blood. It was nice to take a break for killing everyone. It was nice. I had a mother who loved me a father who cared about me. A real family. It was nice while it lasted. Now, I have one lunatic friend who believes in me. Mo XuanYu.

Trying to find some incentive of why he would create this, I look around. A paper catches my eyes, immediately picking it up to glance over its' contents.

Time seems to stop, as the words on the page makes my heart clench. I drop the piece of paper, when I read the name at the bottom. Why? The only person that I felt like family, why? Why did you leave me? Why did you leave like the people who raised me? Why would you sacrifice your body like she did? "It doesn't make any sense!" I scream, making the ground shake making the crows fly from the trees.