Goddess of Fogginess

So much fog and I can't see a damn thing. I still don't know who hit me but I was now inside a building with everyone. Some getting treated with spicy congee to get rid of the corpse poisoning. At least I wasn't affected. But it was funny when JingYi tried some.

The face JingYi made still makes me break out in little giggle fits. One word. Hilarious. But, all in all, everything is just dandy except for the corpses all around us. I mean, there's a girl out there that's apparently beautiful. I'm more so though. I don't need to check to know I'm more than her in every way. After all, I'm still alive.

We found a blind cultivator but something feels off about him. I feel like he's the one who hit my head. I'm not sure. They give him the congee since he got corpse poisoning as well.

Since there's still a lot of corpses, Wei Ying uses puppets to get rid of them. It's very interesting the way he attaches the souls to them. Much better than controlling corpses.

I sit down by JingYi but he stands up and moves away. I sigh, looking down at my fingers. Jin Ling looks over to me then proceeds to sit next to me. "What's up with him?"

I look up. "You wouldn't understand. I'm like poison to them. One look and they think they're going to die," I let out an empty laugh.

"You're right. I don't understand".

"It's best that you don't know," I smile down at my hands. "It isn't something I'm proud of".

The ceiling suddenly breaks and someone falls through. Jin Ling and I jump up. After a scuffle, they restrain him. I sit back down from watching. It's not my place to.

SiZhui pulls out a Zither to get information out of him. Along the lines of: Who are you? Who kill you?

"Try 'Who is controlling you?'" I look at the SiZhui. He nods and begins to play. "The per- son. Be- hind. you".

"Who are you?!"

My eyes widen. I look and see the blind guy snap his fingers. The corpse rushes and holds a sword to WuXian's throat. Jin Ling grips his sword but WuXian yells against it. "Don't move, don't cause trouble. In terms of swordsmanship, all of us combined aren't a match for this... Song Lan".

The guys smirks. "The adults are speaking you kids run along now".

I slowly sit back on the chair, while WuXian tells them not to worry. "Go outside for now. You won't be able to help even if you stay, at the moment". Jin Ling stops then hesitantly puts his sword back. "The corpse- poisoning powder should have settled by now. Just don't go around kicking it up. Keep your breath calm".

Jin Ling huffs then turns around to exit the house. SiZhui looks back to WuXian when he hears his name. "SiZhui, you're the most mature one. Keep an eye on them; can you do that for me?"

"Yes," he simply replies.

I slink back to hide my presence, succeeding in doing so. "Don't be afraid". I watch the exchange, silently.

"I'm not," he smiles. "Senior, you really are like HanGuang-Jun. So long as one of you two are present, I know there is no need to worry at all". He then proceeds our the door with a click.

"How touching," he smirks as he puts a pill in his mouth.

"The antidote for corpse- poisoning powder?" WuXian concludes.

He confirms. "That's right. Much more effective than that terrifying bowl of congee you made, right? Plus, it's sweet". He grins.

Still watching the exchange in silence, I carefully move my form into the shadows. I slink back, slowly moving toward the bastard. Only ever so slowly. Focusing in on stealth. I watch as the "blind" man hands over a Spirit- trapping pouch. 'What is in that pouch?' I shake the thought and continue my ascension, lurking in the shadows, hiding my aura.

WuXian holds the bag. "If a soul does not want to live, then they'll be near impossible to save".

The guy didn't like WuXian's answer. After more talking, he called his name. "Xue Yang, you were fine with being a delinquent, what are you doing pretending to be a cultivator?"

My ear perk up at the name. The guy who kills for revenge. The guy who wants my head at his feet. My eyes widen when I see him remove the cloth. "Hey, you caught me".

He's the one who wants to step all over me. He always bullied me for being really smart for a child. I'm an adult now and he still creeps me out. After a few exchange of words, Wen Ning shows up out of nowhere. Where did he come from? Was he following them this whole time.

Wide eyed, Xue Yang whips his head around to see me creeping up on him. "Oops. Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes, yes you did".

"Oh shut up WuXian. I was almost there but now I can't take him down. It's technically your fault that I got noticed by the way. I mean, Wen Ning. Seriously?! I feel so hindered uh," I hold my heart sarcastically.

WuXian rolls his eyes, while Mr. Creep smirks at me. "What do you want, Mr. Creep?"

He licks his lips causing me to grimace. "Oh nothing. Just looking upon a fair maiden that's supposed to be dead".

I stare at him for awhile then open my mouth to ask how when HanGuang-Jun falls through the ceiling. "Oh look! My cultivator is white clothing to the rescue~". I grin over to Xue Yang. Gotcha.

"Is this called 'better to be on time than early?'" WuXian folds his arms smiling.

HanGuang-Jun simply nods. "Yes".

I roll my eyes at the two. They should get a room... wait. What if...? My nose is bleeding again. I cover my nose.

Xue Yang looks over to me then smirks. "How can you think of such lewd things in this situation?"

I huff in annoyance. "Stay out of my daydreams, pervert".

He lips his lips then jumps away when Lan Zhan strikes. His sword ending up in HanGuang-Jun's hand. "Give that sword back!"

"You aren't worthy of this sword," Lan Zhan replies like a badass.

I go outside, knowing that I'm not needed either. I meet up with WuXian who left earlier.

The fierce corpses slowly walk towards us, as I join the others. I hold my mouth trying not to puke. I double out the noise and then stand by WuXian to watch the light show of HanGuang-Jun's sword fly through the air. "Wow. That's cool and so pretty".

"Yes he is strong, right?" SiZhui looks over to WuXian expectingly.

"Are you asking me? Why are you asking me?"

"Are you saying he's not strong?"

WuXian gives a small smile while thinking. "Yes, strong".

"Of course, he is super strong," SiZhui grins.

"He's the strongest," he whispers to himself while smiling.

I give a knowing smile then giggle. WuXian looks over to me inquisitively. "Oh nothing. I just thought of something funny. That's all".