Final Form

The failed mission to  recover took a toll on everyone. Most of the Genin had mixed thoughts about Sasuke now, some believing they could still get him back while others already believed him to be a traitor. It wasn't long before Jiraiya came to get Naruto from the hospital, with the Akatsuki after him it was best to train Naruto to get stronger. Sakura through herself head long into training with Lady Tsunade, focusing on healing and strength. 

Kakashi had been taking up more missions as his team was now split up and broken. Suzuki was just lost, she didn't know what to do. Kakashi was gone almost all the time, Team & was no longer around, well Sakura was still in the village, but she was busy training with Tsunade. The other Genin and their sensei's were busy with training and missions. 

Suzuki sighed heavily, her paws seeming to drag when she walked. With everyone busy, she decided to also throw herself head-long into training. If she was gonna get stronger like everyone else was doing she'd have to work hard! With a new resolve in mind, Suzuki took off towards the training grounds to put everything she had into training day and night! 

The days were going by in a blur on constant repeat, wake-up, eat, train, eat, sleep. this had been Suzuki's method of training for the past few months. Kakashi had noticed her getting tiered when he was around, growing worried he'd keep watch of her when he could. One day Suzuki had seemed to overdo it on a day Kakashi was gone for a mission. To tired to move, Suzuki was stuck under the hot sun. Breathing fire almost every ten minutes to try and keep cool while trying not to make herself even more exhausted. 

Though it didn't seem to help much as she ended up falling asleep from exhaustion. One of the patrolling Chunin happened to go by near where she was, recognizing her as Kakashi's ninken. Concerned for the un-moving fox, he jumped down, scooping up the little creature and taking her to the Inuzuka's. The Chunin about dropped Suzuki when she suddenly breather fire while unconscious, surprised and relieved to have not gotten burned. 

Thankfully Suzuki had just worn herself out and used up to much chakra, nothing that time resting couldn't fix. When Suzuki was fully rested and back on her feel she left back to her and Kakashi's place. Shifting into her human form, Suzuki grabbed an apple from the counter to eat. Eating quickly she drank some water before cleaning up after herself. As she placed her cup on the counter, the front door opened, quickly turning, Suzuki looked at Kakashi before rushing over to him and hugging his legs. 

Kakashi chuckled while patting her head. He had just got back from a mission and really just wanted to eat, shower, and sleep. 

"How was your mission?" Suzuki softly asked.

"Okay. Though a little troublesome." Kakashi tiredly mumbled while grabbing some leftovers from the fridge.

"Mm, glad you're back." Suzuki smiled up at Kakashi as he ate.

Finishing his food and cleaning up, Kakashi went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before laying down to sleep. Suzuki quietly entered Kakashi's room when he was laying down, crawling up into the bed and cuddling up to his side. She had really missed him while he was gone, so when he was here she was near him at all times. 

----------

A few days later Suzuki grinned as she was showing Kakashi some of the new things she could now do. She had managed to master her Will-O-Whisp technique, and a few other fire based attacks, though when she had seemed to stare Kakashi dead in the eyes, her eyes seeming to glow, she managed to somehow confuse him.

"What was that?" Kakashi blinked, rubbing his head. 

"That's called confusion. A lame name but it's exactly as what it says. I am able to confuse the enemy with just eye contact." Suzuki yipped. 

"Hm, That is pretty neat."

Just then a hawk flew over head. Kakashi sighed, most likely another mission, but Suzuki was gonna go with him this time if it's the last thing she does. Arriving at Lady Tsunade's office the two entered. Tsunade held out the papers for the mission explaining some of the details, this mission is a B-Rank mission. An important Lord was to be escorted back to the Land of Tea, there would be a high possibility of confrontation with other ninja on the road to their location.

Dismissed the two quickly got ready to leave and were soon on their way with the client and two other Jounin ranked ninja. They were almost to the Lord's home, it would only be another day or two before they got there, with little conflict so far. A sudden flare of chakra, very brief but it was there, had Suzuki on alert. Kakashi looking over at Suzuki's sudden change in stance and constant glancing around had him on guard. 

"I sense something." 

Suzuki began focusing on what she felt just moments ago, barely picking up on the six hidden chakra signatures just a little ways up ahead of the group.

"There are six people, hidden just a little ahead of us in the trees." Suzuki informed.

"We're gonna have company soon, a group of six is waiting up ahead. Stay on your guard." Kakashi warned the others.

Continuing with caution the group were soon met with the group of rouge ninja from Kumo. Kakashi, Suzuki, and one of the other Jounin entered into battle, the remaining Jounin stayed back to defend the client. It was a very uneven fight, six vs three, the leaf were slowly managing to take out the Kumo ninja though not without becoming low on chakra. The Jounin fighting along Kakashi had been injured and exhausted most of his chakra while taking down three of the Kumo ninja, the Jounin protecting the client had taken out one of the rouges that got by the three. Kakashi was currently facing two of the rouges, Suzuki helping out when she could being careful to not hit Kakashi.

Suddenly Kakashi was hit from behind by a clone out of the ground. Suzuki yipped loudly when Kakashi had been temporarily distracted, turning around to barely block an oncoming attack from his side. In that split second the second Kumo ninja had attacked, striking his blade down and across Kakashi's back, causing Kakashi to grunt loudly in pain as he jumped away from the two. Panting heavily Kakashi's sharingan eye closed, exhaustion starting to settle in. 

Suzuki cried out in worry and fear, her mind was spinning unable to focus on anything but the blade cutting through Kakashi's back. When Kakashi was kicked to the side, Suzuki's mind flashed to the day of Saru's funeral, her heart racing faster. The sounds of metal colliding with metal rung in her ears loudly, Kakashi leaping away as his leg got cut. The memory of Kakashi laying in the hospital bed appeared next, she thought she was going to lose him then.

The fire inside Suzuki began to flare and burn wildly inside her. When Kakashi was hurt once again, Suzuki howled loudly as she began to glow, fire whirling around her, momentarily stopping the battle. Suzuki felt her body growing, her fire burning larger and larger. With a growl, all Suzuki could think about was protecting Kakashi. Leaping forward the fire dispersed only for a large flamethrower to be sent at the two Kumo ninja.

The Kumo ninja yelled out in pain, the Leaf ninja and the client watching with wide eyes. Suzuki's eyes glowed as she put the two Kumo ninja asleep, her nine new tails swaying gracefully behind her. As the fire died down, Suzuki slowly turned to face the others, leaping over to Kakashi with worry. Kakashi's eyes were wide as he watched Suzuki, his jaw dropped though unable to see with the mask. This is what Suzuki told him about when she would evolve, but he didn't expect it now of all times. She was taller, coming up to his waist in height, nine flowing tails tipped with an orange red. Her once red orange fur replaced by blonde-white fur. More sleek and elegant in looks, a sense of power and calm rolling off of her. This, this is her final form.

Ninetails.