Genin Teams

Kakashi's P.O.V
Weeks had passed as soon the academy students would be taking their graduation exams. Today we'd be meeting with the Hokage to know who we'd be getting as students. Though I'd also be getting Suzuki a headband as she's improved greatly in the few weeks we've been training.

Her speed had improved a lot as well. Which worked well with her ability to quickly make fire attacks. Though we've had some interesting events as well happen. Like the first time Suzuki found out about the Icha-Icha books I read.

Yeah... It wasn't the greatest time... For me at least, I'm sure anyone around got a kick out of it though.

Flashback

I was currently reading my book as Suzuki was sleeping on my shoulders again. I chuckle every now and then while reading but I guess that had woken Suzuki.

She yawned as she shook her tails.

"What are you reading Kakashi?"

My eyes widened as I looked over at Suzuki to see her already starting at the opened book in my hands with wide eyes. I quickly snapped the book closed. Suzuki screamed while jumping from my shoulders and I quickly stood up.

When I went to answer Suzuki had blasted me with her flames leaving me slightly singed and covered in soot.

"PERVERT!!! YOU'RE A PERVERT!!"

Flashback end

Yeah... Suzuki had done that quite a few times after she found out what was in the books. She hasn't recently, but now she just hits me across the face with her tails or flames whenever I'm reading the books.

I've learned since then not to read them around Suzuki and if I do, I'm prepared to run. Sighing I stuff my hands into my pockets as I walk towards the Hokage's tower for the meeting with Suzuki on my shoulders like normal. I can already tell today was going to be a long day.

Walking into the office Suzuki instantly jumps off my shoulders and over to the Hokage. Crawling up under the hat and cuddling around his shoulders.

"Why hello Suzuki. Nice to see you could make it, Kakashi." Lord Hokage smiled amused.

I raised a hand while using my other hand to scratch the back of my hand.

"Well, let's start shall we."

And like I predicted the meeting lasted a few hours. And after we were done talking about who was going to be on who's team, we watched them from the Hokage's Crystal ball. I sighed as I watched the disaster my soon to be students made. They were definitely going to be a handful for sure.

While Sasuke and Naruto were glaring at each other, a boy behind accidentally knocked Naruto forward cause the Uchiha and Uzumaki boys to end up locking lips. A lot of the other Jounin were laughing and I picked up the small little amused yips from Suzuki as well.

The two boys pulled away from each other gagging, spitting, and wiping their faces. Which soon lead the girls in the class to beat up Naruto.

Suzuki's P.O.V
Though the entire meeting I stayed curled up under Sarutobi's Kage hat. The other ninja in the village had learned about my cause I was either always around Kakashi or the Hokage. I've gotten better at being around people, though I don't acknowledge others besides Sarutobi, Kakashi, Iruka, and Asuma as they were in the office I got used to them.

I watched as everyone eventually left besides Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai were the only ones to stay.

"Hm? Is there something you all needed?" Sarutobi asked.

Asuma and Kurenai declined needing anything and that they were just waiting for Kakashi. Everyone then turned to Kakashi waiting to see what he had to say.

"Ah, well, I was going to ask if it was at all possible to get Suzuki a headband."

Sarutobi hummed as I climbed out from under his had and sat on his desk. I swayed my tails as I made a few yipping sounds at him.

"How has her training gone?" Sarutobi patted my head before looking up at Kakashi.

"Very well, she progressed quickly with the help of my ninken."

"Hmm..."

"That also reminds me. Suzuki had mentioned this to me once before. Apparently after some time with I guess experience," Kakashi looked at me and I nodded. "that she will evolve. She said she'd become a Ninetails."

This had caused the others to gasp in the room and look at me. I rolled my eyes while waving my right front paw.

"Though she explained to me it's nothing like the tailed beasts. She'd only grow to be 3 feet tall fully grown. And she has a tendency to exhale fire when it gets really warm outside. I've only had to experience that a couple of times lately." Kakashi explained.

He wasn't wrong in fact today is one of those days that it was hot enough outside I would have to be exhaling fire to cool off. I nod along as the others look at me and I just wave my tails around. I then remembered I forgot to mention something to Kakashi about my Ninetails form.

"Ah, Kakashi. I forgot to mention another thing about my Ninetails form." I was looking back at Kakashi.

"Hmm?" Kakashi looked at me in question.

"Not only will I be able to still use my fire attributes but I'll also be able to control minds when I make eye contact."

Kakashi's visible eye widened as he looked at me shocked.

"That is... really something Suzuki..."

"What is it Kakashi?" Kurenai asked.

"Well apparently when she evolves she'll be able to control minds with just the contact alone." Kakashi explained to them.

I grinned as much as I could for a vulpix as they looked at me in wonder and shock. Oh today has been great, I exhale fire. This makes Sarutobi jump back a bit as I laugh.

Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai were also laughing. Sarutobi then shook his head before chuckling before opening his drawer and pulling out a black headband. My eyes sparkled as I looked at it before looking up at Sarutobi then over at Kakashi.

I grabbed the headband from Sarutobi before leaping over to Kakashi, my front paws supporting myself on his legs. My tails waving as Kakashi took the headband from me before putting it around my neck and tying it.

I was so happy my training had paid off with Kakashi and the ninken that as soon as it was tied, I began running and jumping all around the room. I circled Kakashi's feet a few times now panting a little as I exhaled fire again. I was so happy, and the others were all chuckling at me.

"Well, I better go meet up with my team." Kurenai said as she dismissed herself Asuma doing the same.

Kakashi then sighed while scratching the back of his head.

"I guess that also means we should go pick up my assigned team as well."

I looked up at Kakashi and nodded. Sarutobi chuckled before dismissing us, and then we ended up not going straight to the academy after we left but instead Kakashi had bought me some meat as a treat for getting my headband.

Kakashi's P.O.V
After a few hours of walking I decided to go and pick up my team. As I walked down the hall of the academy I noticed an easier just above the door and sighed. Whatever. Opening the door I let the easier hit my head causing a cloud of chalk dust. Naruto had busted out laughing while Sakura was apologizing for Naruto and saying she told him not to do it.

"My first impression of this group... You're all a bunch of idiots." I say.

"Huh!?"

"Meet on the roof." I poofed away with Suzuki on my shoulder.