Chapter 1

Savannah's POV*

I sat in the back staring out the window thinking about nothing in particular. "MISS GRAY" Mr. Clifford yelled out now standing in front of my desk. "Yes sir?" I asked quietly. "Please pay attention to my class." He said his eyes and tone softens at the tone of my voice. He walks back the front talking about percent change. "Seriously Savannah? Again? How stupid are you?" Bailey growled grabbing my wrist. "Stop it you're hurting me" I whimpered. He released my wrist and when he pulled away I saw that there was a large handprint on my wrist.

Mr. Clifford looked back at us in rage. I just shook my head. He shook his head and continued teaching. Once Bailey and I walked into he pushed me into my room making me hit the wall. My head bounced off the wall and I couldn't see anything but black dots. "You need to tell that teacher that what he saw was nothing. You're just a worthless piece of space. You don't deserve me" He spat as he punched me in the face. He left the room leaving me to slide down the wall not having the energy to get up. "You said you loved me" I whispered tears falling rapidly down my face. "But you never have and you never did" I said again falling asleep. I woke up with a jolt as Bailey slapped me. "Its time to go" He muttered leaving the room. I threw on my usual clothes-Leather jacket black shirt and skinny jeans with leather boots- running out the door and into the bus. Bailey made me sit on the inside of the seat because he says 'I have no friends anyway'. If I wasn't scared of him I would leave him. That and the fact I'd have nowhere to go. "Savannah Gray please report to the principals office immediately" The speaker ring out in 1st period. I sighed grabbing my stuff and heading to the office. "Nice going screw up" Bailey said as I walked out. "Hi Mrs. Londy" I said. "Hello Ms. Gray." Mrs. Londy said. "We have received a report that Bailey has been abusing you. Now please tell me is this true" She said raising her eyebrow. Tears gathered in my eyes pooling down my face. I put my hands over my face trying not to sob loudly. "Oh how true it is" I sobbed. "Well we've chosen a trustworthy and responsible teacher for you to stay with and take care of you" She said. I nodded. "Thank you so much. What's going to happen to Bailey?" I asked. "He is going to be arrested and will not be hurting you again." She said nodding. I smiled thanking her again. "You will be going home with Mr. Clifford and once you get back into 2nd period Bailey will no longer be in the school." She said. I nodded getting up just as the bell rang. I walked into the hallways seeing Bailey being escorted by police out of the building. He saw me and he mouthed "You're so dead". "Screw you" I mouthed back walking into my 2nd period. I sat through all my classes until algebra rolled around which is my last period of the day for me. "So Ms. Gray I'm sure you've heard that you're going home with me" Mr. Clifford said as algebra ended. He looked extremely happy today. "Yes. I suppose that's so but I have to get all of my stuff from Baileys house" I said awkwardly. "Mrs. Londly has already had someone get your stuff and it's at my apartment" Mr. Clifford said. I nodded. He packed his things and I followed him to his car. We got in and as he turned on the car Green Day's American Idiot came on. I started singing along quietly. "You have an amazing voice" Mr. Clifford said. I blushed smiling a little. "Thank you Mr. Clifford" I said. "Call me Mikey out of school" He said. I smiled. "Will do Mikey" I said. We pulled into an apartment complex and his apartment is 5S. "I love your apartment." I said seeing posters and quotes all around the apartment. "Well technically it's our apartment" Mikey said laughing. I smiled widely. Why is it that he's the only one who can get me to have a real smile on my face? "Yea I guess it is" I said. Mikey laughed. It was the best thing I've ever heard. I sat on the couch bf relying awkward. "No need to feel awkward. the TV remote is on the table and take your shoes and jacket off you're staying awhile" He said laughing a little. I curled up in a ball watching 'The Notebook' after taking off my stuff. Tears sprang my eyes. Why do they get to have a good relationship? Why couldn't Bailey be like him? "Hey. You okay?" Michael said with the most caring tone it made my heart melt. "Yea. I'm okay" I said shaking my head. He sat next to me and hugged me. I froze not used to being touched unless I was being beaten. I melted into the hug. "Thank you" I whispered just noticing how He and I fit together like puzzle pieces. I blushed at the thought. "Where's the bathroom?" I asked. "2nd door to the left down the hallway" He said. I smiled and walked towards the bathroom stopping at every picture In the hallway. It was mostly of him and 3 other REALLY good looking guys. "Hey Mikey who are these boys?" I ask looking at a picture where He had blonde hair and only the one with curly brown hair was looking at the camera. The black haired one was starting at Michael weirdly and The blonde one was looking at either The brown haired one or Michael. "Oh those are my mates. Luke Calum and Ashton" He said smiling softly. "I like the picture" I said running a finger over the frame of the picture. He smiled walking back into the kitchen. I walked into what I thought was the bathroom but I guess it was Mikey's bedroom. It had posters from so many bands I couldn't name them all. His bed had dark blue sheets and blankets. The blanket had a sewn picture of a symbol that I couldn't see. I closed the door and walked across the hall. I did my business and walked back into the living room to see 4 boys. I was only in the bathroom for 5 minutes. "Uh Mikey?" I ask. All their heads snap up to me in surprise.