"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Where is Grandma's broach? It was just on your jacket."

He stared down at his chest, "I must've lost it when I fell. Oh, dear. I'll just go back and get it. You can meet me back at the dedication ceremony."

I waved my hand in dismissal, "And put you through the trouble of trying to find it in this big place! I'll just use my powers."

I reached out with my consciousness until I felt the broach.

"What are you...?"

"It seems to be stuck in the carpet or some other fabric. Hold on, I'll just get it loose."

Concentrating, I carefully unstuck it from where it was and put the back of the broach back on. After that, I willed it to come to me. It flew around the bend into my hand. When I gave it to him, he stared at it with unblinking eyes.

"Um, Sweetie . . ."

"Please don't tell mom!" I begged quickly. "You know how much she hates me using my abilities in public! Even though I'm an adult now. . . well, in human years . . . but it still counts!"

He pinned the broach back on his jacket and smiled, "Don't worry my lips are sealed."

He made a motion as if he was zipping his lips, locking them, then throwing away the key. He gave me a big wink then led us back to the other partygoers.

Back at the grand room which greeted you as you entered the museum; I walked over and looked at the gifts we were donating to the museum. I had not really looked at them, trusting Grandpapa would not give away items I would miss. Looking them over I saw something I never dreamed to see among this collection. It was a pink imperial topaz carved into the shape of an ankh hanging on a chain. Though a simple design, it was extremely important and dear to me.

I limply let go of Grandpapa's arm, "Why?"

"Why what?" he asked.

"Why would you give away the ankh?"

"I-I did not realize it was so important to you," he stammered. "Otherwise it would not be here."

"How could you not remember something like that? It's our family heritage! That ankh has been in our family for thousands of years. It's the ankh that has been passed to each new Emotion Stone since Cien herself. The ankh that reminds us why we are what we are. The ankh that is supposed to go to me now that I'm the stone. The ankh I should be receiving today because I'm old enough to handle it. The ankh that is the last thing I have of my Father after they destroyed every other thing that proved his existence!" my voice grew louder with each new declaration.

He looked at me then at the ankh, "I . . . I don't know why the ankh is here. I'm sure there is a mistake."

"Really?" I furiously pointed at the display. "They seem to know an awful lot about it by the looks of the size of that description underneath it."

"I'm sure it's been a mistake," he insisted. "I'll go talk to the museum director right now and sort this all out."

"Fine," I mumbled.

Grandpapa walked off in search of the museum director, and I busied myself with filling my empty stomach.

I should have known something was wrong, but I was stupid, naive. How could I not connect the dots? Why didn't I? I guess I just didn't want to. Life had finally started to make sense until that point.

I never did get to finish my slice of cake, or even start it which was a larger crime. I found a place where I could stuff my face in peace. Sitting down, I cut off a nice bite-size portion of my favorite caramel-filled cake (another thing we arranged with the museum), and was interrupted by an explosion that caused my fork to shake pushing the cake back onto the plate. There was an instance of silence and then chaos broke loose. Alarms were blaring, people were screaming and scrambling to get out, babies and children were crying in fear. I however did not run. I made no move to get away. It was not because I was trying to be brave, I was immobilized by one single thought, 'Where is Grandpapa?'