I sighed. It would be a lie and say I didn't want Carter. I want him but the real question is:

Does he want me?

*
2 hours later

I was currently in the living room wrapped in a cover. My eyes were glued to the tv when Carter walked in with no shirt on. Only a pair of shorts with gym shoes and a black cap.

I could tell that he was sweating because his body was shining. His nipple piercings glint in the light and sweat beads slid down his perfect body. I bit my lip and turned my attention back to the tv.

Carter walked closer into the living and he took a seat on the same couch as me. I pulled my feet back and tried my best from letting my eyes stray to him.

"You went to the gym?" I queried.

Carter shook his head while taking off his shoe. "I went for a run on the beach."

"Sounds fun."

"Peaceful." He then said.

I smiled and looked back at the tv. He caught my attention again when he took some of my cover and wrapping it around his body.

"Seriously? You need a shower." I said before asking, "Aren't you hot?"

"Nah." He replied as he shifted under the cover and moved me up some before swiftly shifting to be behind me, pulling me closer to his sweaty body. His head rested in the crook of my neck with his arms wrapped around me.

Suddenly, he kissed the back of my neck and laid back.

"Why didn't you shower?" I queried.

"I will. I'm just chilling right now."

I shifted on my back after giving him a nod and laid flat on my back.

"Carter?"

He hummed.

"What are we doing?" I asked him while looking up into his eyes.

He stared down at me in a long silence before speaking. "What do you think we're doing?"

"Acting like a couple." I replied and I became alert when he tensed up.

I could tell that Carter was not one for commitment. I just wanted to know.

"Just living the moment, Tiana." Was all he said after a long silence.

I nod my head and went to turn back around to watch the tv. I can accept his answer because this is new to me and I'm sure new to him also.

I felt him shift from behind me, getting up from the couch. He placed the cover back over me and walked out the living to go upstairs. I sighed. Now I made things more awkward between us.

After a long period, he didn't come back downstairs. I took the cover from my body and reached for the remote, cutting off the tv and heading upstairs to my room.

That's when I heard the shower going.

I made it to my room and set the cover on the bed and went to change into a pair of leggings and tank with socks. I pulled my hair back into a low ponytail. I walked back out my room and down the hall.