"Why not?" he asked.

"Aries!" I whined.

He brushed a single strand of my hair behind my ear. "It is true. I have met many souls. Many souls who had indeed made my heart race. Made my body quiver in excitement. Made me realise that there was a softness in me. A few had even made me smile in the darkest of times. But none had ever made me question my existence. None made me feel that though I had kin of twelve, I was alone. None made my blood to sing their name. Literally next to one shook me say what purpose I had. I was... am a Warrior of Moon and that was all I was until I met you.

"But meeting you," he continued. "It was not like I saw the light in my life for the first time. I saw the beauty the darkness could offer. The softness of snow hid. The hopeless hope the heat had. Though life is a journey that never stops, I found that it would be better if you walked with me. You did not just make my heart race, my body blaze. You did not just make me smile when I was down, nor did you make me realise that I had a softness in me. No, you reminded me of what strength is. You made me question my purpose. Was I just a Warrior? Would I fade one day like that?"

His face blurred and I realised that tears had welled in my eyes. My lips quivered. What the hell would I say to this?

"There was a female I had once met. Before, when my memory of you was taken," he said, his voice matching the mellow of the morning light. "She was an amazing female. Just once glance, and I was on my knees."

At those words, rage piled in my blood. Just who was this female?

"Someone you don't need to worry about," he said with a smile. "She found her mate and happily settled with him. It happened about six hundred years ago."

I gritted my teeth. Still.

He laughed. "Exactly. Even she did not make me go mad. Did not make me do stupid things. Did not make me crave to wear her scent on my skin. In fact, I hated it when I even found a trace of her scent on me. And I thought I loved her. I thought that since the scent was a star's weakness I never revealed it to her. Neither did my soul reveal it to her. But you are a very different story altogether. My soul found yours to be perfectly compatible with mine and without my knowledge revealed who I was to you. It bared me. Soul naked."

"Did stupid things?" I asked him.

He raised his eyebrows. "I turned into a cat just so I can spend my time with you. Just so you would cuddle me to sleep."

I bit my chuckle. I did love Midnight.

"So..." he said. "I am pretty sure you made me do stupid things, Lyra. Like making me give you my room, just so I could inhale that scent of yours after you slept on my bed. Just so, you would have claimed everything in that room as yours with your scent because I secretly hoped that one day I might have your scent on my skin. I stole a bracelet of yours because I wanted something of yours to calm myself down. I... I even went as far as tracking your father by the memory you had of him to know how you like your coffee the best. I did many more stupid things. Things if Leo heard I did would die of laughing."

I sniffed and leant into him. We were marching for war and these little moments made my life worth living.

*******

"Zyon left?" Varian asked.

"Yes," Taurus replied. "What else does he have to do here?"

"Sounds stupid," Rhaze commented. "I mean, I am no star or pulsar or whatever higher race, but I sensed one hell of power from him."

We were closer to the West Pack than ever. Silas brought his men to the battle. As expected, due to some internal conflict, only half the force of North Tribe and Summer Tribe came. Only those who were loyal to Corvus came from Spring Tribe and Spring Pack. The numbers did not exceed nor reduce than what my Beta, my Delta, Varian and I had discussed.