Maya panicked, looking at the creature flying away from her. There goes her assignment for tomorrow. 

Maya frantically searched for something to catch the creature with and saw an old broom leaning against the wall. Oh hell, how she hated flying. Maya sucked at all kinds of magic but she ABSOLUTELY sucked at flying magic. However, this was the only way to catch her familiar. 

Maya jumped out of the balcony on her broomstick, flying around in a little fart circle. She tried to steer her shaky broomstick to follow the creature. 

The creature rolled his eyes in frustration as he looked back to see her summoner chasing him like a farting balloon. He snorted and soared high above the cloud, mocking her. Maya gritted her teeth, trying to catch up. 

The cloud was beneath Maya now. Maya gulped as she looked below her, feeling dizzy. 

"Give up, young one. I'm not a spirit you can control," the creature laughed as he walked amongst the cloud. 

I'm freaking tired of being a dumbass. I'm freaking tired of being explosive. 

"...I know I don't meet your expectations. I don't meet anyone's expectations!" 

Maya angrily charged her broomstick to the beast at high speed. She jumped from the broomstick and to the creature, grasping the beast's shoulder. The broom dropped to the ground miles below them. 

The beast, startled, grabbed Maya on the waist. 

"Are you out of your mind? Do you really want to kill yourself??" The creature shouted. 

Maya hung on to the beast with her dear life. She closed her eyes and shouted - 

"Vocamen Familia - I grant you a name and you are bound to be mine. I name you - Egar!'"

What? 

The creature threw Maya away midair but the spell has already taken its effect. Ancient patterns of gold runes appeared in the creature's body, enticing him. 

Maya was plunging to the ground, smirking. 

She might be bad at magic, but she wasn't entirely stupid. She remembered the spell of naming a familiar: The Code of Vocamen. 

The spell was the last resort to bound a familiar by the summoner's side. The enchantment strengthed the bond into an unbreakable contract that a familiar should follow. However, it was highly unrecommended because it followed a great risk that could not be undone: If a familiar dies, the magician will die too.  

And no magician will ever risk those kinds of a contract to a mere familiar they can conjure up in multiples. 

"Idiot," the creature swore. 

The beast realized he has completely underestimated Maya. 

"I command you, Egar, save me-!" Maya shouted. 

The gold runes shone in Egar's body, forcing him to act against his will. Egar plummeted below, catching Maya right before she crashed to the ground. 

The gold runes dissipated into his skin as he obeyed his summoner's order. 

"You realize what you have done, fool?? Now your life is at risk if anything happens to me," Egar snarled. 

"Well, you better stay alive until tomorrow morning because I need you for my exam," Maya glared back at Egar, her glasses crooked upon his nose. 

.

.

"Um, yeah, hi," Maya nervously waved in front of the class with a bandage on her forehead. 

It was time to show off her familiar for Nature and Spirit class exam. 

Her classmates and her professor stared at Maya with disbelief. The creature next to Maya - it was undeniably a magical creature. 

"So, he's my familiar that I summoned yesterday...!" Maya nudged Egar by the side. 

"Yeah, that's right," Egar grunted, rolling his eyes. 

Maya has made Egar promise that he will behave during the exam today. Egar sighed in exasperation. He has never been this humiliated for a thousand years. 

"So what is your familiar? Tell me his identity," the professor asked. 

Maya stared at Egar in confusion. Yesterday night was too crazy to figure out anything. She honestly forgot to ask. 

"Some kind of...elf...I guess...?" Maya murmured. 

"That's not an elf," the professor shook his head. Maya fidgeted, shooting a look at Egar to help her. 

Egar sighed. He opened his mouth and said something totally unexpected. 

"I'm the last living dragon of Asnadel." 

Maya's eyes widened. She recalled the magic history book she read during her childhood. Dragons were hunted for their despicable qualities and have been extinct for 500 years - all except one, the most malignant and evil one. 

"I am the Beast.

The class all gaped in horror, staring at them. 

Oh no. 

Maya realized she has made a big mistake. 

She has accidentally summoned the most nefarious monster that has been sealed by the Council of Magic 500 years ago.