Broken part 2

Driving up to the mansion was harder than I thought it would be. It seemed that every light we passed turned red right before we got there. Making me think longer about what I'm going to do when I get there, and less about the road head of me. I need to go. I told this kids I would explain what happened today. I kept that thought running in my head the whole drive there. It was my only drive to keep me from turning around and going back home. "Remember y/n, if you don't want to go today you don't have to." Evee said, giving my an apologetic look.

"Nope! I have to do this. If I don't do it now, I won't be able to let go what happened." I say through a gritted smile. Just seconds after saying that I see his mansion up on the hill. "Now or never..." I whisper to myself.

I get to the driveway and out the car in park. The mansion looks empty from the outside, but I know anyone could still be home. "Do you want me to go with you?" Evee questions.

"No, I need to do this." I say, putting on a strong face. "Anyway, I need you in the car in case I need a fast get away." I say jokingly, but deep down wondering if that's what going to happen. I feel my hands shanking as I unbuckle and open my door.

Walking up the steps was hard and I could feel my hands sweating between my clenched fist. I get the courage to finally open the door. I try to be as quiet as possible while shutting the door. I tiptoe to the stairs until I feel as if someone is watching me. I snap my head to the left and see no one there. "Hello Miss y/n, may I ask why your sneaking around?" I look to the right to see Mrs. B cleaning out the fireplace. I almost forgot that she was with the kids yesterday. "Miss y/n?"

"Oh yeah, sorry I must have blanked or something. I'm just here to get all of my stuff." I try to finish the sentence without tears forming, but was yet again impossible.

"Do you need to talk about something y/n?" I never seen a more sympathetic look on her face.

"Um... Yeah I kinda do need to talk about it. Are the kids here too? I promised them yesterday I would explain."

"I know where they're at, do you just want to have the talk in their room for a little more privacy?" She asks. I nod my head yes and we both head up stairs together. "Kids, I'm coming in!" Mrs. B says while opening the door.

"Auntie y/n!" The kids yell running towards me. I get tackled in a pile of small kids frantically asking me questions. I feel a sudden wave of sadness as I realized I'm going to crush these kids spirits with what I'm about to tell them.

"Hey kids!" I stand up dropping them all to the ground, walk over to the triplets desk and sit in the chair facing them.

Huey was the first to realize the tear streaks from my crying earlier. "Auntie y/n? What's wrong it looks like you've been crying?" The kids all sit up and stare patiently at me for me to answer.

     "Yeah, I know. That's actually what I'm here to talk to you guys about." I pause taking a deep breath to even out my heartbeat, and calm my nerves. "Remember yesterday when you saw me waiting my the gate?" They nodded, trying not to break the silence. Again tears are falling down my face. "It's because your- " I get cut off by someone pounding their fist on the door.

"Kids! Let me in!" I hear the familiar Scottish accent and shut my mouth. We sit there and he starts talking again. "You don't open this door in 30 seconds, you are all in trouble!"

     Webby runs for the closet door, while the triplets push me in. Moments later, I hear the door of the room opening and footsteps coming in. "Hi Uncle Scrooge!" They say in unison. I wait anxiously for his response. "I just thought I heard y/n in here I must've heard wrong..."  The door closes and I creep open the closet. Everyone is staring at me through the crack waiting for me to finish what I was explaining.

     "Auntie y/n? What happened between you and Uncle Scrooge?" Little Webby looked up at me.

———————————————————————————

Okay you guys this is the second part and I cannot promise when the third will come out. I know I said I was taking a break until we get new content, but I felt like I owed y'all this chapter. I really hope you enjoy it and please if there's something I need to fix just put it down in the comments -😁