♠️Of Course | Soulmate!America x Soulmate!Russia♠️

Começar do início

"U-um...hi," the stranger breathed, a ghost of a smile tugging at his shocked mouth.

"...Hi," America echoed.

It made sense now as to why the hell his dogs were freaking out so bad. Animals were much more sensitive to soulmates and could sense their owner's soulmates from up to 150 feet away, which is absolutely incredible.

But I mean c'mon, they could've been calmer about it.

Rascal headbutted America roughly, pushing him into the man he was tangled up with.

"Rascal!" America squeaked, blushing hard as the man wrapped his strong arms around him and laughed.

"Naw, it's okay. He didn't mean anything by it," he chuckled, bending over as well as he could and petting Rascal's soft head.

America sighed, exasperated and scratched Rascal behind the ears affectionately, "I know but he doesn't have to be so difficult all the time."

The man smiled bashfully and scratched the back of his neck, still holding America close to him with one vermilion arm.

"Well, um, I'm Russia – it's nice to meet you?"

America giggled, "I'm America, it's nice to meet you too."

▪▪¤▪▪

"This is so weird."

"Yeah, I know," Russia chuckled as he sipped his coffee.

"I've never heard of soulmates going on dates before getting together," America pondered.

"Neither have I," admitted Russia.

"Well, we can be the first," America grinned, clinking his coffee mug with Russia's as a sort of toast.

Russia chuckled and shook his head, admiring America as the smaller watched the cars drive by out the window. It was an overcast day, so America was surprised when Russia asked him to join him at the café. He didn't mind though.

Once they had finished their coffee and food, Russia offered his hand to America, pulling him out of his chair. Russia let go of his hand as they headed out the door together before reconnecting them, feeling as though something was missing without America. His company just giggled and leaned into him as they walked, trying to contain his excitement.

"So, what's this surprise you were telling me about?" America asked with a smile.

"You'll see soon," Russia answered vaguely.

True to his word, they arrived at their destination just a few minutes later. It was a quaint bookshop with a sign out the front saying Ink & Parchment in big fancy calligraphy. They stepped inside and were hit with the smell of coffee and tea and aged paper. 

America gaped, "What is this...?"

"Remember when you were telling me about the bookshop you always wanted to open?" Russia reminded, rubbing his arm bashfully.

"...you didn't."

Russia blushed, "I did."

"Oh my god!" America lightly slapped his arm affectionately, smiling widely. "This is amazing, thank you!"

Russia grinned back, "and that's not all."

"Oh my god, you're killin' me Rus, stop being so nice Jesus -" 

Russia led America to a certain section and swept an arm out to gesture towards all the books on display.

"Ta-da!"