Chapter Seven: Fake Raven

As my time went on with team seven, I became very close friends with Sasuke. It was honestly quite surprising. We talked all the time and mostly stuck together on missions and on our off days. We fell out of stalking sensei since my encounter with him. We could never catch him doing anything, either. He went to the memorial every day before class, at least for a few hours; that much we figured out. But he didn't really do much else besides eating out with us, teaching us, and saving our asses on particularly hard missions. The only thing we could catch him doing by himself was heading to a small bar in town, sitting down, and reading his (in Naruto's words) "awfully perverted" book.

Sasuke and I were practicing our jutsus, as there were a few I was still a bit shaky on. It was pretty early in the morning, but it was still very warm. I knew it was going to be hot today.

"Hey Sasuke," I began as we started back to town, "It's nice today. Lets go swimming."

"What if I had plans?"

"What, besides daydreaming about Naruto?"

His face softened for a second, the hint of a smirk playing at his lips. He looked down at his feet for a second before his eyes snapped back up to meet mine.

"He likes you, (y/n)."

"The only thing Naruto likes about me is the fact that I always give him the rest of my ramen if I don't eat it," I laughed.

At this point, Sasuke had stopped a few feet behind me.

"(Y/n), be serious for a second."

"I am being serious. You said Naruto likes me."

"I didn't say Naruto did."

"Then who, Sasuke? Don't tell me it's Shikamaru."

"No, not Shikamaru..." He trailed off just as we came up on a small creek. Sasuke and I had been coming here for a while because of the privacy, and because of how seemingly inaccessible it is. We found it by chance and scoped it out to see if anyone else came, and they didn't. The place was hidden to most everyone, and perfect. The clean water never went stagnant as it came out of a water fall to the east side of the creek. The rocks on the shore were round from years of tumbling around. The sun shone down blindingly onto the water, and a small sandy clearing lay off to the west side of the shore.

We made our way to the clearing, trees covering us from the sun. We arrive and set down our towels and the food we brought.

"Alright, come on," I beckon sasuke to follow me.

He groans, but obliges, following me to the edge of a thickly wooded area.

I head in about 5 feet while he stands guard and I get changed.

"So, who is it that likes me then?"

He keeps his back turned but responds, "If you're too oblivious to know, maybe you don't need the knowledge."

"Oh, don't be like that. It isn't like I only know one guy, and you didn't give me a name. Its kind of hard to narrow down from there."

"Fine, I'll tell you. But don't go acting weird the next time you see him."

"I do not act weird."

"You acted weird around Kiba every day for a week when you thought he liked you. And just because he saved your ass on that mission... Weirdo."

I came out of the trees and stood with my back to him while he tied the straps on my top. "Okay fine, maybe I acted weird then, but I won't now. Who is it?"

I turned to face him.

He really looks hesitant about telling me. Maybe I shouldn't know.

Suddenly, he grabs my arms and pulls us towards each other. I see a glimpse of something shiny in my periphery and then my eyes are closed and Sasuke's lips are on mine.

I tense up at this action and I am unsure of what to do. Remove myself? Kiss him back?

I don't need to decide, because he does, and pulls back from me.

"(Y/n), it has been obvious since I laid eyes on you that I love you. The way you think and the way you carry yourself. The way you move. We're made for each other. Please, (y/n), will you be mine?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YES! It has been a minute BUT I know what's up. I have a whole entire chapter drawn up and ready to be written, and boom. I actually got it out. I know its not the longest but this chapter is VERY important, obviously.

Tìoraidh, lovelies.