Chapter Nine: Beginnings

Hi, all. Going back through the chapters and doing some editing/revising to make this story better, so some stuff is probably going to change :( sorry and thanks for understanding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slide the folder across his desk. "I want this kunoichi transferred to my team." The open window throws rays of afternoon sunshine into the room, illuminating the walls in vibrant shades of red and gold.

He stares at the paper intently before responding. "Why?"

His voice echoes through the large room, with high walls and large windows. Situated at his desk before me, the kage of the Hidden Leaf.

"I've seen her training. She's driven and I feel like that would be a good asset to have on my team."

He opened the file and thumbed through it, skimming the information of a student who just graduated to genin.

"I'm sure you're aware that she started at the academy later than most," he started.

"But she was able to pick everything up quickly and without issue, so she was allowed to pass because of her progress and motivated nature," I interjected. I've looked her file over a few times and knew many of the details contained within.

He stood and walked over to the window, staring out of it at the village and let out a sigh. He watched as the village began to slow down and grow tired. The sounds of evening birds and insects singing their nightly serenades filled the air.

"You'll have to transfer a student out of your team."

"I can handle four students, lord third-"

He holds up a hand to silence me.

"This is your first team, you're already taking on some ambitious students, and now you want to have four of them? Four teenagers seems like a bit much, even for you."

I stayed silent and watched for a moment. He was apprehensive about letting me have this many students, and I understand why. Three is the standard amount, and if it works, why change it?

"I will have Sakura transferred elsewhere," he nods to one of the guards at the door, who comes over and takes the Hokage's next instructions to pass on. "There's a current need for new medical ninja and she's expressed some interest in it."

The guard exits, leaving the other to watch the room temporarily.

"Y/n has a lot of potential, Kakashi." He turned to me and smiled, "And I expect to see great things from her."

He made his way back over to the desk and grabbed a pen, scribbling something on a piece of paper.

"The transfer papers will be delivered to her in the morning. Good luck."

"Thank you, Lord third," I say, and exit the room.

So there you go, that's where Sakura went! I wanted to give you guys a mini chapter with an explanation as I'm rereading and fixing plot inconsistencies. I honestly don't watch Naruto all that much any more and I can't remember a lot of it so apologies if I don't follow the timeline very closely or include everything from the anime/manga. Also I feel like I gotta remind some of you guys that I changed Team 7's age for the purposes of this story. I could not write this love story with the main character being 12, so Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Yourself, and all your classmates are in the older teens range, so from 17 to 20? yeah. I made sure to do this so there wasn't as large of an age gap between yourself and Kakashi. His age is staying the same.

L