Chapter 14 - Yet

"I mean...I just think she's..."

"She's what, Haz?"

"Kind of...sort of...really...really..."

Then he said it.
——————————————-
{Tom's POV}
|First Person|

"I was just thinking that she's, you know..." He looked at me for help.

"A genuinely nice person?" I had a hunch on what he was trying to say, so I decided to mess with him.

"Yes. That, definitely, absolutely. And she's...pretty." Haz exhaled deeply. "But I barely know her..."

"You literally just met her today, mate." I laughed.

"Yeah." he smiled. "Yeah, you're right. I mean, I don't even know her....."

Yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Your POV}
|Second Person|

"I found some twisted streamers!!" Stephanie said, rushing from the other side of the store. "And they're colorful!!"

"We could definitely use those..." You observed the 24-pack she had handed you. "The boys' room is practically begging for this."

"Ooh!!" She ran over to an aisle with glow-in-the-dark balloons. "This one comes in seven colors!"

You rolled your eyes at her child-like personality. "Put it in the cart," you laughed.

Both of you guys had gotten a fair amount of balloons, streamers, cups, banners, and party accessories, which meant that you and Steph should probably get back to the hotel before the guests start arriving.

"Considering we should only have ten minutes to set all of this up by the time we get back, I think we're done." You looked up from the cart at Stephanie, who was giving you puppy eyes while holding up her own stuffed toy puppy.

You gasped at its' cuteness.

"Okay, we'll get that too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kicking the door to the boys' room was the only option close to knocking, considering your guys' hands were carrying all the decorations you had gotten.

Jacob opened the door a couple of seconds later, and you both quickly rushed in, your arms getting tired of holding everything.

"You guys need some help?" Jacob asked, after being shoved out of the way.

"No, thanks..." You guys threw everything on the closest couch anyway.

"Are Harrison and Tom back yet?" You asked, being close to just plopping yourself with the rest of the decorations.

As if on time, the two boys walked through the door with an assortment of party foods.

"You called?" Tom smirked, still holding the food in his arms.

He and Haz put them on the counter and sighed deeply.

You looked at the time. "Shit." You then glanced back at everyone. "Do you think we'll be able to do everything in seven minutes?"