"I can't when you're not here." Bella murmured almost immediately, Tommy fell silent. "I'm going to London."

His impassive face didn't show his concern about what it might be.

"Why?"

"Do you know Vicenzo Sabini?"

"No, I do not need."

Bella didn't realize he wouldn't agree, but was surprised that Tommy cared.

She sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard.

"Magdalena and Vicenzo Sabini are getting married in a London church."

"Send my congratulations when you send your greetings by letter. Arthur, John and Johnny can't leave Birmingham."

"My men can." She countered, absently combing her hair with her fingers.

"I don't trust your men." Tommy had the same blank expression, as much as her decision irritated him.

"That's why they are my trusted men, not yours."

He took a cigarette from the box in his pocket and went to the window, lit the fire.

"Can not go." He said at last she was in danger because it was one of the things that could make him weak now. Tommy was collecting enemies and they all knew that Bella was his bride. Bella knelt on the bed and called him with one hand, he moved closer and she crawled to the edge of the bed and stood facing him.

"I didn't ask permission," she whispered, stroked his neck and kissed the corner of his lips.

She gave a lazy smile and got out of bed, crossed the room and down the stairs. Tommy looked up, downed his cigarette, blew out the smoke, and rubbed his impatient forehead holding the cigarette between his fingers.

"Johnny goes with you." He told her looking at the stairs she had just come down.

"Calm down a little, Tom!" He heard her voice exclaim playfully from the floor below.

Tommy frowned.

"Fuck." He cursed, coming down the stairs soon after.

Bella bit the thumb, she lied to Tommy, most of her men were released because she gave them a day off, the theater was closed since yesterday. But she didn't want him not to let her go, at least Johnny wouldn't to disturb.

After Tommy left, Bella put on her best dress. Magdalena was her oldest employee, she came from Spain to London without even a pound and her beauty enabled her to marry one of the Sabini, Bella knew about the Sabini nightclubs, and luckily Magdalena asked her to be a bridesmaid.

Bella had awakened that desire a short time ago, but thought the nightclub owner was something that suited her. And with her close ties to the Sabini gang, her wish would come true faster than she had imagined.

She wanted to prosper, and she knew that on her own it would be a harder task than to flatter some people more powerful than her. Bella didn't remember the last time she wanted something and didn't fight for it.

She wanted to be a nightclub owner, she would be one, so famous that all England would know her name. All she needed was to act subtly and build relationships with the right people.

Bella took to the street, ready to go to her office before leaving for London. Most of her employees had been released because of Magdalena's marriage. She opened the door holding the key attached to a cord, but from the doorway she felt something was wrong.

Everything was silent, but the feeling of being watched still didn't leave her as she closed the door behind her. She disguised herself, walking quietly through the empty corridors and going behind the stage, climbed the stairs slowly and before climbing the last step, put her hand behind the curtain feeling the cold material of the hidden weapon tied to the column.