~33~

The next week, Mat had a couple games and then Coach let them go for the holiday. "I'm home babe." He calls softly one night after one of the games. "Hi handsome." I say, coming out of the kitchen to greet him. He wraps me in one of the best hugs I've ever gotten. He folds me in his arms and lightly rocks me side to side. He always buries his face in my neck when he hugs me and pulls me really close. "You ready for Christmas?" He asks. "Yep!" I say, popping the p. "When do you go back to school?" He asks. "January 13th." I say. "Then it's all downhill till graduation eh?" He says. "Exactly." I tell him.

The next night, the team had a Christmas party. It was a fancy hotel ballroom organized by the Baileys. We got the invitation a couple weeks ago and it read

"Mr. Mathew Barzal and his guest are invited to a holiday party at the Allegria Hotel at the Mezzanine level. Dress is formal."

One day when Mat went out with Beau, I went out with Sophia and we found a dress for me to wear. 

I pair that with a pair of silver heels and a long necklace that hangs down in the neckline of the dress

I pair that with a pair of silver heels and a long necklace that hangs down in the neckline of the dress. I did my makeup fancier than I usually do. Mat had already gotten showered and dressed and was waiting for me in the living room. "Baby, we have to leave in like 10 minutes!" I hear him call. I finish by spraying perfume on me and snapping a picture of myself before heading out to join him. My heels clap loudly on the hardwood floor to the living room and Mat turns on the couch to look at me. When he lays his eyes on me, his jaw drops. "Holy shit, Lex." "Does this look ok for the occasion?" I ask. "It looks more than ok. You look gorgeous. Holy fuck." He says all at once. "You don't look so bad yourself." I say, coming to the couch and straightening his black tie. As I approach him, he places his hands on my hips and pulls me down, straddling him. As I did so, my dress slid up a bit and Mat wasted no time connecting his lips to mine and sliding his hands up my thighs. It took a lot not to run my hands through his styled, but soft hair. His hands were roaming up and down my back and my butt too, gripping at nothing, virtually. As he kissed me, I could feel his black dress pants getting slightly tighter. I chuckled mentally at that. His breathing got heavy. After a few minutes of that, I pulled back before he got even more distracted. "We have to leave.: I say, laughing into his chest. He was now...frustrated. I stand up and straighten my dress and fix my hair as he stands and attempts to straighten the legs of his pants. I laugh and pull him back for one more quick but sweet kiss. "Damn, you're so hot." He mumbles. "Let's go, Christian Grey." I joke, opening the door to the apartment. He follows me out and we head down to the car.

We drive the half hour to the hotel where the party was and there was a valet to park Mat's car. He takes my hand and we go up to the event space. We're greeted by Sydney and Matt first. "Girl, you look fabulous!" Sydney squeals. "Thanks." I say, shyly. "Guard her close Mat, someone might try to steal her away." Matt says. "I intend to." Mat says, slithering his hand around my waist. We make our way around, saying hi to all Mat's teammates and their wives or girlfriends. I spot Lauren sitting on a bar chair next to Tito, who's standing next to her. Mat and I make our way over to them and Lauren hops down to give me a hug. "Wow that's a whole lotta chest. Lexi, you look amazing." Lauren says as she hugs me. "Mat let you out like that?" She adds. "I know, I'm surprised." I say, chuckling. The music is blaring and it doesn't take Mat long to get a drink. Lauren and I drag Mat and Anthony over to take a picture together and Lauren ends up posting it on her Instagram. 

Location: Allegria Hotel, New York

Tagged: titobeauvi91, barzal97, lexicallahan

Laurenlamp: We make them dress nice from time to time #islandersholidayparty

Liked by barzal97, lexicallahan, sydneyeasion and 4,683 more

View all 482 comments

Lexicallahan: love you gorgeous!
barzal97: couple of studs

Laurenlamp: I know right! You guys look good too!

Location: Allegria Hotel, New York

Tagged :barzal97

Lexicallahan: i love dancing the night away with you

Liked by laurenlamp, barzal97, sophiabuck and 4,830 more

View all 429 comments

Barzal97: love you babygirl!

Laurenlamp: ^^^ why is that the cutest thing ever

Sophiabuck: damn my roommate is hot!

Barzal97: @sophiabuck I said the exact same thing #myroommate

Sophiabuck: @barzal97 #myroommate

After a while, a song, which I vaguely remembered as How Would You Feel by Ed Sheeran came on and I begged Mat to dance with me, as other were dancing together. He reluctantly gave in and he followed me to where others were dancing. He held one of my hands and the other was around my waist, resting on my lower back. Mine did the same. The line "How would you feel if I told you I loved you? It's just something that I want to do" came on and I laid my head down on my boyfriend's chest. We swayed back and forth to the song. "We've come a long way since that Starbucks in October" He whispered in my ear. I look up at him and he leans down and presses a kiss on my lips. "I love you." He says when he pulls back. "I love you too, Mathew." I say, calling him by his full first name; something I only do when I'm serious about something. Even by the end of the song, Mat was musically mumbling the lyrics of the song in my ear.

A few hours later, we had eaten and danced some more and it got to be very late. Mat and I left the party as people were starting to float out. We got in the car and went back to the apartment.