~55~

THE DAY OF LC'S GRADUATION

The last month of school came and went just as fast as it had arrived. I hadn't seen Mat in a week but we were going out with my family to celebrate my graduation together. Soph and I got ready at my house because we moved out a week ago. My mom took a ton of pictures of Sophia and I in our caps and gowns before heading off to school. We pulled up to the school as our classmates were walking into the fieldhouse for the ceremony. I shot Mathew a text saying "Are you here yet?" A minute later he responded with "Yup, just sat down with your parents." I stick my phone in my pocket and sit down in my seat for the ceremony.

The ceremony was long. But eventually the president of the university was announcing the graduating class and we threw our caps in the air and the whole place cheered. I had a huge smile on my face knowing that I had checked another thing off my to-do list and that my family and my boyfriend and even his family was here to witness it.

As everyone started to file out, Sophia spilt to find her family and I went to find mine. I pushed my way through the crowd and practically run into my dad. "Lexi!" He exclaims, wrapping me in a tight hug, nearly knocking my cap off my head. Behind him was my mom and Colton, who also gave me a big hug. "I'm proud of you kid." He says. Next, I see Mat's face behind my family. I step between them and throw my arms around him. "Hi babe!" I say. "Baby, I'm so proud of you. You did it!" He exclaims. "Thanks babe." I say as he plants a kiss on my lips. Next is Mat's mom and dad. Liana couldn't make it but they both wrapped me in hugs. "Congratulations Lexi. We are proud of you and your accomplishments. You're going to go so far." I hug them both back and more pictures are taken. My mom gets one of my whole family and me and Colt and Mat and I as well as Mat's family. Eventually we leave campus and head to a fancy restaurant for dinner. We all sit down to eat and enjoy a nice evening with me as a new graduate. 

 Location: Stony Brook University

@barzal97: so proud of this gorgeous girl and all her accomplishments. On to bigger and better things! Love you. @lexicallahan

Liked by titobeauvi91, coltoncally45 and 9,483 more

Titobeauvi91: congrats @lexicallahan!

User583942: congrats!

"So babe." Mat starts at the dinner table. I place my drink down on the table and turn to him. "How would you feel about a month in Canada with me this summer?" "I would love that! When?" I ask. "We leave in a week and a half and come back mid June for the awards and then maybe we can go back." He explains. "I'm in!" I say. "Perfect." He says.

After dinner we head separate ways and I go back to stay with Mat. "A few more weeks and you can move in here." He says when we walk in the door. "I can't wait." I say, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him.