~4~

The night of the game, Sophia and I rushed out of our separate classes at the end of the day and back to our dorm to change for the game. Sophia wore jeans and a blue tank top under a denim jacket. I wore black pants and a back-tank top under a black leather jacket and black heeled boots. I put on a blue scarf to add some color and then Soph and I left. It was about an hour from the school to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, where the Islanders play. We left school at about 5 and arrived a little after 6. We both grabbed something to eat and went to our seats, which were a few rows back from the Islanders bench. High enough up to see into the corners at opposite ends.

The Islanders ended up winning 2-1 against the Arizona Coyotes. Sophia didn't mention anything about me seeing Mathew and I'm glad she didn't but it was on my mind the whole game. After the game, Soph and I were walking back to the car when she yawned and said "Can we find a Starbucks before we head back?" "Yeah but I'm not sitting in this traffic, we're going to wait a while." I say, pulling out my phone and watching an episode of Friends on my phone, letting the chaos of the parking lot die down.

A while later, we find a Starbucks that was open later and head inside. The only other people in the coffee shop were a couple guys wearing athletic clothes. Sophia went ahead of me in line and then ran to the bathroom. I went next and ordered my usual Strawberry acai and went to pay when a hand gently grabbed mine.

MAT'S POV

I decided to grab a coffee with Josh Bailey and Casey Cizikas after the game. Once we got there, I saw that the place was mainly empty except for a pair of girls, one of whom I vaguely recognized. Her friend went to the bathroom and she ordered her own drink and went to pay. The boys were talking so I decided to step forward and gently stop her from buying her own drink. She looked up at me with surprise in her eyes. "Coffee with cream and sugar, please." I tell the barista, who nods. "8.73" The barista tells me. "You don't have to do that." The girl says as I hand the barista my card. "I don't have to, but I want to." I say, looking at the girl, who smiles. The barista starts to make our drinks when the girl turns to me. "Thank you." She says, smiling up at me. "It's no problem." I say. I stick my hand out and say "Mat." "Lexi." She responds, shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you Lexi." Just then, her friend comes around the corner from the bathroom not looking up. "Lex, we should go soon I'm really tired and wow!" She says, looking up towards the end of the sentence. I chuckle and she introduces herself. "I'm Sophia." "Mat." I respond. "Sophia is my..." Lexi starts. "Roommate." Sophia cuts her off. "Good to meet you Sophia." I say. Just then, the barista finishes our drinks. We grab them from the counter and Lexi turns to me. "I should probably get her home. I'd say I'd call you but..." She starts. "Oh yeah, here." I say, pulling my phone out of my pocket so she can put her number in. She types it in and hands my phone back to me. "Cool, I'll call you." I say, putting my phone back in my pocket. "Alright." She says, smiling again. Then she and Sophia leave.

A/N Sooooooo she met Mat! I'm excited!