$ T H I R T Y • T H R E E $

Start from the beginning

He had the same concept of Aleksander, but his suit was black, and embezzled with black, yet blinding, jewels. "You look amazing!" I exclaimed as he blushed. "Thank you." He whispered.

I heard someone gasp as they stepped into the room. "You guys look so handsome!" The voice belonged to Lilly. Aleksander smirks before suggesting, "You think so?" Lilly came into my view as she rolled her eyes Aleksander's way as she saw the playful glint in his eyes. That was enough for Aleksander to chuckle.

We decided we were going to match as well, but since her skin color was tanner than mine, Nevada decided to dress Lilly in golden-yellow. Her hair was naturally curly which insinuates her Hawaiian beauty. It was styled as half-up and half-down which was similar to my hairstyle, but I wore a fluffy royal blue clip that held up my hair meanwhile Lilly wore a golden one.

"You look beautiful, Lils." I offered a smile. She twirled for me before she laughed softly and thanking me.

Aleksander's phone rang which caught our attention. He slipped out his phone before he opened the balcony door and stepped out. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but some of his words were audible to my ears.

"Yeah, you remember her? New Year's Eve party?" Aleksander started which confused me.

"Here's your phone. Sorry, there were some complications in the other room." Vaughn, my makeup artist says as he hands me my phone. I offer a smile. "It's fine."

I check my notification and replied to my mother that we were leaving shortly.

"Okay, are you able to walk for us, Vera?" Nevada asks as her eyes shoot between my eyes and the heels I wore. I nodded before Xavier offered his hand to which I accepted and stood up.

My grin stretched to my eyes as my gaze fell on the mirror. From the back, the dress seemed it was endless. Suddenly, my eyebrows furrowed as my fingers brushed against the back.

Nevada unclasped her hands as she readjusted my dress a little bit before adding, "This part--" She tugs lightly on the long end of the dress. "--Is detachable, so you can Lilly are comfortable at the after-party." She added which had me sigh in relief.

I heard my phone ring. Lilly answered it and handed it to me when she informed me that it was my mother.

"Hey, mom," I answer before pointing towards my clutch to which Vaughn grabbed for me. "Hey, are you almost ready?"

I hummed. "Yeah, we're just about to leave soon," I mentioned before covering the microphone. "Lilly, are you able to grab some of my crackers, please?" She immediately nodded before grabbing her clutch. "I'll see you in the car. One of you guys, come with me." Lilly says. Aleksander volunteered before Xavier had the chance to blink. He raced out the room, trailing behind Lilly.

"Sorry, mom," I mumbled after I uncovered my microphone.

"I can't wait to see you on the carpet. I'm sorry I can't make it today. We are handling things relating to Xavier's case." My mother explained and I assured her it was completely fine.

"Be careful. If you feel unwell, it's best if you leave. Let me know if there are any complications. It's very brave of you to go considering your condition." She added and I smiled. "I'm sure I'll be fine. I have to go now, so I'll talk to you afterward. Love you!" I say before giving her kisses through the phone