Steven: I can make promise. I can make a plan. I make a difference. I can take a stand. I can make an effort, if I only understand. That I. I can make a change!
Painite: You claim to understand, what you, can, not, know. The gall to lecture me, as if you can relate to me. So just go back to your family precious sweet little family, this has gone too long. Change is only for the strong. For the strong.
Spinel: You can make it different. You can make it right. You make it better. No one has to fight! You can make an effort, starting with tonight. Cause you, you can make a change.
Painite: Would you shut up already?!
Painite cocked the giant fist and aimed it at Spinel.
Painite: You can't just make everything better by singing some STUPID SONG!
Spinel: ...But you were sing-
Painite launched the fist, sending Spinel crashing down to the injector. The impact shook the Earth, and caused a massive hole in the injector. Painite landed and saw Spinel in a bubble.
Steven: You ok?
Spinel: Ugh, no.
Painite: All that stuff is easy for you to say.
He started to walk towards Spinel and Steven.
Painite: When you change, you change for the better. But see clearly, when I change, I change for the worse!
He attempted to punch Spinel, but Steven got in front of her and blocked him with his shield. He started to pound aggressively.
Painite: I'm not good enough! [Mimicking Spinel] I'm not good enough for Spinel! [Mimicking The Diamonds] I'm not good enough for the diamonds!
Painite raised both fist over his head.
Painite: I'M NOT GOOD AT ALLLLLL!
Painite brought his fist down causing a massive shockwave and the injector losing a layer. He continued pounding.
Painite: [Normal] I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I'M NOT good enough!
His punches got weaker.
Painite: I'm not good enough, hehe. I'm not good enough, hehehehe.
His punches were more like slaps at this point.
Painite: I'm not good enough, HAHAHAHAHAHA! The more I think about it, the-the funnier it gets! Haha.
Spinel: ...His temper's dying down.
Painite: Look at me, complaining how I'm not good enough for someone, and I have two people right here you wants me here hehe.
Painite got in his hands and knees.
Painite: You two actually...care about me...right? Hehe....
Painite put his hands on his head.
Painite: Wha-what am I doing? Why do I want to hurt you so bad?
Painite looked at Spinel.
Painite: I'm sorry. I hurt you-I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT! I CAN'T DO THAT! I...I...........I....
Painite started to cry.
Painite: I just want my own happily ever after.
Spinel nodded at Steven, and he put his shield away. Spinel walked up to Painite, and lifted his chin so that he can look at her.
Spinel: Hey, hey you, stop crying.
She moved the hair out of his eye.
Spinel: You were just angry, I'm not mad at you.
Painite: But..but I....
Painite continued to cry, and Spinel started to as well.
Spinel: Stop crying. Please stop crying.
Painite: I'm sorry.
Spinel pulled him into a hug.
Spinel: I know, I know.
Spinel broke the hug and put her hands on his face.
Spinel: I forgive you. I love you.
Painite: ...I...I love you too.
Spinel smiled, and the two kissed.
Steven: Aww.
Painite broke the kiss.
Painite: Will you be quiet?! We're having a moment!
Spinel: *chuckle* We really need to work on your temper.
Suddenly, the injector started shaking.
Steven: That doesn't sound good.
The shaking caused Spinel and Painite to lose balance and stumble away from each other.
Spinel: W-what's happening?
The vibration got worse, and Painite realized what was happening.
Painite: Steven! Shield her!
Steven: Wait, about you?
Painite: I'm made to break, I'll live...i think.
Steven put himself and Spinel in a bubble.
Spinel: Painite?!
The injector exploded as the people of Beach City watched from Little Homeworld.
Greg: Steven?!
Gems: Steven!
Debris fell from the sky as Steven lowered him and Spinel to the ground.
Steven: Well that's one way to get rid of your injector.
The moment Steven opened the bubble, Spinel ran to some rubble and started digging through it.
Spinel: Please please please please please please please please-*gasp*.
She found Painite's gem, and inspected it for cracks. Steven walked up to her.
Steven: Is everything ok?
Spinel: *sigh* He just poofed, and his gem is fine.
Spinel looked at all the damage.
Spinel: Oh geez. Steven I'm so sorry for this! We ruined your town, your planet, your happily ever after!
Steven: ...There is no happily ever after. I'll always have work to do.
Spinel looked at Painite's gem, and frowned.
Spinel: Guess I have work to do to.
Connie: Steven?!
Steven: Connie?!
Connie approached on Lion from a distance.
Connie: Steven! Where are you?!
Steven: Connie! Spinel, I'll be back. Really.
Steven ran to Connie, and Spinel smiled.
Spinel: Heh, so happy.
She looked down at Painite's gem.
Spinel: Hey, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but, I want you to know that things will be better. I know your mental health is all wonky, and I wanna help you get better. We'll take care each other, just like in the garden.
Spinel looked at Steven who was...uh, kissing the ground.
Spinel: I know that if you stay here, you'll never get better. You'll get reminded to much of what happened, what you became. And I'll be reminded too. I'm gonna take you somewhere we can start over, for real. And I promise everything will be better.
She stretched her waist, "pocketed" Painite's gem, and started walking away.
Steven: Wait Spinel!
Steven ran over to her.
Steven: I really was going to come back.
Spinel: I know.
Steven: Then where are you goimg?
Spinel: *sigh* It's gonna be hard for Painite to trust people and fit in. And friendship's gonna be hard for me. I need to help Painite, and he needs to help me. We can't stay here, Painite might lash out at you, or be reminded of what he became. And I can't leave him. Just wish there was someone we can start from scratch with.
Steven: Spinel I-
A strong wind suddenly blew, the two of them looked up to see the Diamond mech.
Spinel: Wha-a-a?!
Blue Diamond: Knock knock, Steven.
Yellow Diamond: It's us!
White Diamond: The Diamonds! Are we interrupting something?
Steven: Uh...yeah?
Spinel hid behind a large piece of debris as the Diamonds came down from their ship.
Steven: Yellow, Blue, White, what are y'all doing here?
Yellow Diamond: Well Steven we were all talking and...*sniff*...I'm sorry what is that smell?
Steven: I don't smell anything.
Yellow Diamond: Ugh. That's because you live here.
Blue Diamond: Anyway, we were talking and we decided-
White Diamond: This is taking too long! Steven, we've come to live I'm Earth with you-u-u!
She points her finger at him.
Steven: What?! My house isn't big enough for all of you.
White Diamond: Well I'm sure we can make due with.......um.......
White Diamond looked at all the destruction the injector caused.
White Diamond: .......Has your planet always been this ...*waves arm* destroyed?
Blue Diamond: Not that we're judging.
White Diamond: Goodness no! Because judging anything based on appearance is wrong!
Steven had a look on his face that read, "I'm done with this junk."
Steven: Yeah, I don't know about this.
White Diamond: But, Steven, it's been soooooo boring since you've left! *fakes crying* I guess we'll just waaaait for you to viiisit us wheneeeever youuuuu'rre reeeaaaaaaaaadyyyyyy.
White slowly stomped back to the ship, feigning sadness in order to guilt Steven into giving her attention. The ground shook with each colossal footstep.
Steven: Aw, come on. Don't be like that. I-It's just, I'm right in the middle of saying goodbye to *Ding* do you guys remember Spinel?
White Diamond: I'm sorry who?
Steven: Spinel, you've met the Diamonds before right?
Spinel: Y-yeah but, they've never seen me like this!
She hid her face and reluctantly walked out.
Steven: Blue, Yellow, White, this is Spinel.
Spinel did the diamond salute.
Spinel: My Diamon...*zig zags arms* nnds?
The Diamonds gasped in surprise.
Yellow Diamond: Pink's little playmate?
Blue Diamond: One of Pink's lost treasures.
Steven: Mom left her on a floating rock in space.
Blue Diamond: Oh you poor thing!
Spinel: Hah, it was only 6,000 years. I can do that, standing on my head!
She did her signature handstand.
Yellow Diamond: ...UuAAAHAHAHA! Only 6,000 years! It's true, that's no-o-thing! And that goofy handstand. *wipes tear of joy* ...I like this gem.
Blue Diamond: She's adorable, and so much like Pink.
White Diamond: Spinel, I...*clears throat* Steven, since the Earth is so disgusting, we'll just take Spinel back to Homeworld with us, and you can stay here.
Steven: Really?!
Spinel: Huh?!