The Grand Finale

[Third Person Pov]
Steven groaned in pain. The injector caused a massive crater in the Earth.
Painite: I'm not letting you get one over us, Steven Universe.
Steven: I wasn't going to wipe your memories!
Painite: You expect me to believe you want us like this?!
Painite pulled his chain out.
Garnet: Steven?
Spinel looked up to Garnet.
Garnet: Why are you all fighting? Aren't we all friends?
Painite turned his head to Garnet.
Painite: Oh! An audience! Spinel, be a dear and give her a front row seat.
Spinel pulled Garnet down and wrapped her arms around her, holding her hostage.
Steven: Garnet!
Painite: You know, as twisted as this is, I'm kinda flattered you like the old us. So, innocent. So loving. So caring. So.....stupid.
Painite put his arm around Garnet.
Painite: If that's really the case, why don't you leave her like this?
Steven held out the rejuvenator.
Steven: Get away from her!
Painite: Oh, you're relly protective of you're friends huh? But when it comes to your fake friends, you get careless. Stupid!
Spinel flinched when he yelled.
Steven: Stop it.
Painite: HAHAHAHA! Then stop me! You wanna attack me, admit it! ....No, DO IT.
Spinel looked at Painite with a mixture of shock and worry.
Steven: .......No....
Painite: WHY NOT?!
Steven: BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH!!!
Steven broke the rejuvenator in half, much to the surprise of Painite and Spinel.
Garnet: ...The truth....
Garnet broke out of Spinel's hold.
Painite: ...Well that's not good.
Garnet: I've known hardships and confusion, but love can live through it all, if you face the truth, together!
Garnet's body started to glow.
Painite: No! Nonono!
Painite threw a boulder at her, which she broke in one punch.
Painite: ...Oh.

Garnet: Oh. When a difficult day goes by, keeping it together is hard but that's why, you've got to try, you've got to try. And when, there's a thundering storm outside, underneath the covers you huddle and hide, open your eyes, open your eyes. It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love. It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love. Stuck. In the middle of fear and shame, everybody's looking for someone to blame, like it's a game, like it's a game. And now, I am better than win or lose, there's a new direction that I like to choose, it's called the truth. It's called the truth.
Spinel: I can't.
Garnet: We have to stop those two.
Steven: Wait. You guys have your powers. You've gotta go save everybody. I'll deal with them.
Amethyst: They'll crush you dude!
Pearl: You can't fight them.
Steven: But I can still talk to them. Please, hurry.
Garnet: Right, move out!
The gems formed Alexandrite and went to save the people of Beach City while Steven jumped to the injector.
Steven: Hey you, show me that solvable problem. We can get through this, I'll do the, hardest, part with you.
Garnet: It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love. It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love. It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love. It's the true, it's the true, it's the true, kinda love.
Steven made it to the top of the injector. Painite had his arm around a very uncomfortable looking Spinel. Before Steven could speak, Spinel started talking.
Spinel: Painite?
Painite: Hm?
Spinel: ...Are we doing the right thing?
Steven took this time to regroup.
Painite: Hey, it's your plan, your injector.
Spinel: *sigh* I know but...now that we're here.
Spinel moved in front of Painite.
Spinel: Garnet's song...it made me feel something. Something I can't really describe-
Painite: Would you get to the point already?
Spinel: And that, that right there. You've gotten so aggressive, I don't like this side of you. You...you scare me.
Painite: I'm a psychopath with cracks all over my body.
Spinel: Painite...the world. It's dying because of us and you're, you're ok with that?
Painite: The world never cared about me, why should I care about it?
Spinel: Painite listen, we have to turn it off.
Painite: Ok, let me think-no.
Spinel grew frustrated.
Spinel: PAINITE!- *inhale* *exhale* Painite, what happened to you? What happened to the Painite who wanted to help people. Who would not shut up about having the perfect life with me?
Painite: He got realistic.
Spinel: Realistic? Painite! They're people suffering, children could be dying, the Earth can't just bounce back from this! This!
She pointed at the destruction.
Spinel: This suffering and destruction, we did that! We ruined the world! This is our fault!
Painite: .........So?
Spinel looked at Painite with a shocked face.
Spinel: .........Who are you?
Painite: ...What did you say?
Spinel realized what she just done, she knows how much Painite hates being forgotten.
Spinel: I-I didn't mean-
Painite grabbed Spinel by her pigtail and pulled her close causing her to yelp.
Spinel: What are you-
Painite: Shut up! You think I care if people die? No one cared when I tried to shatter myself!
Spinel: I cared!
Painite: Oh that just changes everything!
Painite lifted her up a bit, she tried to pull herself off.
Spinel: P-put me down, you're-you're hurting me!
Painite: You think you know the real me? You don't. This is the real me!
Spinel: W-what?
Painite: I tried to shatter myself, you think I was right in the head? I tried so hard to hide it, I think I did a good job.
Spinel: Painite, this isn't-
Painite: BE QUITE!
Spinel shut her mouth.
Painite: ...You listening?
Spinel nodded rabidly.
Painite: Good.
Painite tightened his grip
Painite: You're the one who wanted to come here. "Let's go meet her other friends." And you wanna back out now? You're supposed to be on MY side! ...Maybe you aren't motivated anymore.
He dropped her causing her to fall on her hands and knees. She began to silently cry.
Painite: [Mimicking Pink Diamond] Spinel.
Spinel looked up at Painite, who had a twisted smile.
Spinel: ...No.
Painite: What's wrong? It's me, your best friend.
Spinel: Stop.
Painite: Oh come on, why don't we play a game?
Spinel turned away.
Spinel: Painite why are you doing this.
Painite: It's called the stand very still game.
Spinel reduced her voice to a whisper.
Spinel: ...Please stop. Stop it....
Steven: Painite!
Spinel looked at Steven.
Spinel: Steven?!
Steven had trouble standing.
Steven: C-c'mon man, l-let's talk about this.
Painite didn't move or say a word.
Steven: Do you see what you're doing? You're torturing her! I thought you loved her!
Painite still didn't move.
Steven: Are you even listening?
Painite still didn't move.
Steven: SAY SOMETHING!!!!!
Painite slowly turned to Steven, and walked up to him.
Painite: [Normal] ................Something.
Painite punched Steven right in the nose.
Spinel: Steven!
Steven put his finger on his nose, a small drop of blood was on it.
Steven: Huh?
He realized that Painite had given him a nosebleed. Painite then kicked him back.
Spinel: Painite stop!
Painite: You know kid, I came here to take out my anger on some strangers.
Painite grabbed Steven by his collar, lifted him up and started walking to the edge.
Painite: But now that I know you.
He held Steven over the edge.
Painite: I want to kill you even more.
Spinel's eyes widened.
Spinel: (He...he won't, will he?)
Painite gave Steven an evil smile.
Steven: I DON'T GET IT!!!!!
Painite: ...Huh?
Steven: Why aren't my powers back? Aren't I reliving every horrible thing that's ever happened to me? A Gem I barely know is trying to kill me. I'm paying for stuff my Mom did that had nothing to do with me. I'm struggling with my powers. The world's about to end! ...What piece could I be missing? This is the story of my life!
Painite: ...*pft* HAAAAAAHAHAHA! I knew the rejuvenator would send you back but this, is how you started? The legend, Steven Universe. It almost makes me feel bad for making you go splat hahahaha.
Painite's face got serious.
Painite: Almost.
He tossed Steven back, letting him fall to his death. Time seemed to slow down.
Spinel: (He...he's gonna kill him. Why am I just sitting here? It's...it's because he scares me. I can't let Steven die...I...I have to do something!)
Spinel got a look of determination.
Spinel: NO!
Spinel stretched her arms and grabbed Steven.
Painite: Wha?
Spinel pulled Steven to her side.
Spinel: Steven! Are you ok?
Painite: Spinel! What are you doing?
Spinel looked at Painite angrily.
Spinel: This isn't right! I get it, your life was horrible, my world was destroyed, but that doesn't mean we can just hurt people!
Painite: Spinel, I don't care about morals, I don't care about-
He was cut off by Spinel punching him in the face.
Painite: ...Did you just....
Spinel: I...I did.
Painite growled, and pulled his chain out. Spinel realized what a huge mistake she made, and got in a fighting stance.
Spinel: Painite please, I don't want to fight you.
Painite: Too bad.
Painite swung his chain at her, she dodged the attack.
Spinel: I understand Painite. Your after everything you've been through your entire life, you're in a lot of pain.
Spinel shrunk her body to duck under Painite's punches.
Painite: No. You don't understand! You can't change the way I feel!
He went went to tackle her and she caught him by his hands, resulting in a power struggle.
Spinel: You're right, I can't. Only you can.
Painite started to overpower Spinel.
Painite: You expect me to just stop.
He forced her down to one knee.
Painite: I won't just be good again.
Then he forced her down to both knees.
Painite: This is who I am!
He picked her up and shoved her on her back.
Spinel: Painite-
Painite: I! Won't! CHANGE!
That last word echoed through Steven's mind.
Steven: ...Change....
Painite: What?
Steven: I changed. That's the final piece. All those struggles...I learned from them, and I grew. Oh, my gosh. It's not just my Gem powers I've forgotten. All of this happily ever after stuff has made me forget the first power I ever had, the power to change.
Painite: ...Ok I'm gonna kill you now.
Painite made his chain into a sharp shape.
Spinel: Painite don't!
Before he can swing, Steven's powers returned and he held up his sheild to block it. Steven then pushed him back.
Painite: Are you kidding?
Steven started to float cycle trough all of his bubbles.
Spinel: Steven, you've got you're powers back!
Steven landed and knelt next to Spinel.
Spinel: Look, Steven, don't hurt him. I-I'm sure I can convince him to stop. If he would just calm down.
Steven smiled at her.
Steven: Don't worry. We'll help him, together.
Painite: And what makes you say that?
Steven glared at Painite.
Steven: Because....
Steven stood up.