6. The unknown man

One week later
I put on my nicest dress for tonight. It was a special occasion: I had a date with a colleague: Gregory. He was also a therapist, and this was our first date. He was the one who arranged everything.
After everything what happened with Arthur, I just needed to think about something else. That's why I agreed to the idea of going on a date. I normally wouldn't do such a thing that quick.

I got all dolled up and when I was done I left my apartment.
I held my bag in my hands with a strong grip while I left the building. It wasn't really safe at night in the area I lived in.
I got in the cab I arranged and he drove me to the restaurant where I would meet with Gregory.
When I got out of the cab I saw him immediately.
I walked up to him and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "You look very lovely."
He was such a gentleman.
He lead me inside and we both sat down at a table near the window.
We talked about all sorts of things and we had a lovely dinner. It was very tasteful.
Gregory also ordered a bottle of red wine, which was delicious, but it made me a bit tipsy.

After dinner
When we finished dinner Gregory was the one who paid the bill.
I thanked him as we left the restaurant.
"Give me a call when you get home, dear.", he insisted.
"I will, thank you so much, Gregory. I had a very lovely night."
And I actually did; I finally forgot about the horrible things I went through last week and I could clear my mind a little.
And so our paths separated.
I waited for my cab, but it took a very long while. He was too late, and I was afraid he wouldn't show up anymore.
I yawned and looked around the street.
"Oh.. hello you.", I suddenly heard a familiar voice say.
I looked up and saw someone smiling at me.

It was Arthur

It was Arthur.. Ofcourse.
"A-Arthur.. what are you doing here this late?", I asked him. He would always show up out of nowhere.
"Oh you know.. I was just walking around."
I looked at him while I was studying his face. He was such a good liar. I just decided to play along with his game.
"Alright. How are you doing?", I asked him.
"The usual stuff.", he answered.
I gave him a quick nod.
"Who was that man?", he suddenly asked me.
I looked questionable into his direction.
"Which man?"
"The man who you were having dinner with."
I immediately got the feeling he's been following me.
"It's my colleague.", I answered, although it was none of his business.
"Hmhm.. colleague.", he murmured, as if he didn't believe it.

"Arthur.. Have you been following me?"