"Mother, I have brought the sacrifice you requested. The prey has denied everything, but I know she was not involved with what had become of Hojo's sanity." The fact that he refers to whatever captive he has as 'prey' is enough to get my nerves going. "But now the circus is here to stop us. Too bad they can't know what we do."

"And what do you know that we don't?" Cid speaks up, arms crossed. Sparkling green cat eyes meet his as Sephiroth smirks.

"You clowns do not know why I am alive. Why am I alive? And what am I doing with the whole black materia? What about the sacrifice? Answer these questions and I may reconsider your brain capacities."

"I can't read minds, moron," Barret scoffs. "Just tells us and get in with it, you ain't no Rufus Shinra."

"Fine," the silver haired man shrugs, looking up at the sky slowly. "For the first question... As long as my cells exist in living beings, I may come back from the land of death."

"But you killed every SOLDIER out there that had any S-cells," Red frowns. Are we seriously having a conversation with this guy? Just kill him! Sephiroth seems to read my thoughts.

"Your leader would not appreciate you being the one to take my life, Valentine." A few pairs of eyes glance my way, but I stare straight forward, my hand remaining on my weapon. "But where was I? Yes, being alive. True, but I only killed all the SOLDIERs so that one man was left to die. He is the only person that can save the world of you nasty creatures called humans." He chuckles darkly. You are a human, Sephiroth. Why can't you see it? I wish I could've saved you from this. But I couldn't.

"Well who is the foo'? Can't we just kill him?" Barret says a little too impatiently. Sephiroth's chuckle breaks into more of a hysterical, insane, and evil laugh. Tifa frowns at Barret, wishing he wouldn't be so heartless sometimes.

"I don't think you'd want to do that..." Our enemy says once he's calmed down. "You're all rather... Close to him."

"If you're talkin about that Shinra guy, we ain't close to the freak at all," Cid raises an eyebrow.

"No, but on the right track. I have a knack for killing blonde haired and blue eyed men," he smirks and my stomach drops. Cloud... He killed everyone else with S-cells so that he would be forced to die so that Sephiroth could be eliminated forever. "I see Valentine has pieced it together," Green eyes pierce mine. He must be observing the horror in my eyes.

"Cloud," Tifa whimpers. "But he can't... I won't let..." She trails off.

"Sadly, it is true," the villain says, not looking one but apologetic. "But now for the sacrifice to atone for the wait, Mother." He looks back up st the sky for a moment before taking long strides toward toward the glittering and smooth walls of the top layer of the Northern Crater. Cid clenches his jaw and holds his spear up.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I've already told you too much."

"You ain't told us nothin!" The pilot yells. Sephiroth freezes and whips around before we can do anything, his long blade piercing through Cid's body.