XXIV- the finale

sorry for such a late update, I've had no ideas. i'm sad to say that this is the final chapter of sugar daddy. it's been fun. I am so happy that @thedragonthatstayed has let me finish this book. i'll admit, i've not been as diligent with updating it as i have been with my oneshots, but I have tried and i suppose that's all I an really do. thank you for following this book. :)

hiccup's p.o.v

"are you ready, love?" I look to jack, squeezing his hand. he gives me a short nod and we walk in the doors of the publishings office. we make our way to the break room where people usually ae at this time, opening the door. everyones heads turn to us, and lot's of people gasp, seeing our engagement rings and clasped hands.

"wait you're..." snotlout looks rather baffled. jack blushes and looks down.

"yes. me and jack are engaged. I expect nobody to make any difference with this. I am still your boss and jack is still your collegue. clear?" mumbles of clear go around the room and everyone leaves to tdo their respective jobs.

"see? wasn't so bad" I loosely grip hack's waist. he takes a deep breath and smiles at me.

"i'll see you later?" I gice him a quick peck on the lips before he leaves to do his job. i do the same. the day goes by as normal, with people obviously glancing at me and jack. i meet him outside the car

"hey love" I grin a him. he smiles bashfully back at me

"hey" we get into the car, driving home.

"hey jack?" he tilts his head at me. we're home now, sat of the couch. I was reading a book and jack was watching tv.

"hmm?"

"when do you think we should get married?" I ask casually. he blushes a bright scarlett, making me rather pleased i have that effect on him.

"oh um... I don't really have a preference. after all, why should it matter if at the end of the day, I still get marry you?" aaaand now i'm blushing too. great.

"awe. that's sweet. I still need an idea hough, love. while that was a good answer, it was not a productive one" I grin, moving closer to pull him onto my lap.

"at least i tried. well, what about during august when it's warm?" I nod and kiss the top of his head.

"great plan. how is august twelfth?" i ask him.

"sounds great." he snuggles into my chest, and i release a sigh, holding him close.

"i love you" I whisper. I can almost sense his smile

"i love you too" we stay like this for a while, basking in each others warmth"

august twelfth.

I nervously play with the sleeve of my blazer, looking down the aisle where jack should be coming soon. toothless notices me.

"hey man. it'll be fine. no need to worry" he says comfortingly.

"yeah, but what is he doesn't wanna marry me? or if i do something stupid?" i fret. he rolls his eyes

",n, if you say it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. just relax" at that moment, the music plays and the doors open, revealing jack in his own suit. emma is walking in front of him, scattering rose petals along the floor, but I don't really notice. all i notice is jack, walking up towards me while clutching his mothers arm. all my worries vanish, and all i can see is him. he smiles at me in a way that makes my heart burst, making me smile back in such a way. he reaches me in what seems like forever, yet no time at all, and I gently take his hands in mine, throwing his mother a smile before turning my attention back to him. he looks amazing, his pale blue eyes glittering, the tux fits his body like a glove. the officiant begins, but i don't really pay much attention to him. then, jack starts talking.