XX~ new beginnings

hiccup's PoV

it's been a hassle, relearning how to walk. I got out of the hospital a week ago, and jack has been helping me. I couldn't be happier with him. currently, were sat on the couch, laughing at some random movie and eating poporn. my eyes are focused on the tv when something hits my cheek. I turn around and look at jack who has an innocent expression on his face, but i can see the small smirk. he glances over at me and i raise my eyebrows. he suddenly bursts out laughing.

"i fail to see what's so funny" I say, but find myself chuckling along to his melodic laughter.

"i'm- sorry... i just can't" he continues laughing. after a minute, his laughter finally fades, and he wipes a tear that ran down his cheek. I scoff at him.

"i might have to punish you for that, jackson" I smirk, he looks mischevious.

"oh yeah? what are you gonna do, daddy" he whispers the last part in my ear. i bite my lip.

"you're gonna have to wait and see, princess" I trail my fingertip along his cheek and down his neck as he shivers lightly.

"i'll hold you to it" jack smirks before standing up.

"i'm hungry. did you want anything?" he tilts his head. I think for a second.

"d'you know what, i'll come with you." I hold my arms up. he helps me stand. I can walk without the crutches now, but I still struggle to stand up on my own, often losing balance and falling down, so jack helps me. we walk (well, i limp) to the kitchen. the cook is off duty right now, so the kitchen is empty. I look into the cabinet, pulling out some cereal. i make the basic food, before leaning against the counter and watching jack make his. once he's done, we go back into the living room, sitting down on the couch and putting the television back on. i flick to some random channel, before settling down to eat. after a few moments, i look over at jack who hasn't touched his. he's just staring at it, biting his lip. i wave my hand in his face, causing him to look up, blinking rapidly.

"hey, are you going to eat that? it's going soggy" i say a little sarcastically.

"oh um.. yeah, sorry sir" he shovels the food into his mouth. i sigh and place my bowl on the table, before leaning over and taking his, placing it next to mine.

"alright, what's up? what are you thinking about?" i tilt his head up with my knuckles when he looks down at the ground.

"well, i was just thinking about the contract"

"what about it?"

"technically, it's still in motion. the contract itself is intact, and there hasn't been any signatures to say it's now void, so that means i still belong to you in... that way." he looks away again.

"jack... to be honest i forgot about that. you know that i love you, as for me, that's enough." i get an idea

"come with me" i grab onto the arm of the couch and lift myself up. jack quickly stands up and helps.

"thanks." i grin. he just nods with a small, shy smile. i take him up to my room. i quickly leaf through my document folder, pulling out the contract. then we go to his room.

"jack, grab your copy" he does, pulling it from the safe is the cabinet. we then go to the backyard, where there is a fire pit. i pull out a box of matches and lighter fluid from the little barbeque box, quickly lighting the fire pit.

"you ready?" i ask him. he takes in a deep breath and nods. i place my copy into the fire, watching it turn black and disintergrate. jack then does the same. we watch them burn for a moment. jack is leaning against me, his head and one hand resting on my chest.

"it's funny really..." he says quietly. i look down at him.

"i signed that contract thinking you might get bored of me within the following few weeks, because at that time, i was merely jack frost. the nerd who finished high school early, loves writing and wanted to be an author. and you were hiccup haddock, the rich, successful, handsome businessman. those things haven't changed, but we have. time has gone by so fast, and yet it feels like an eternity since i first met you. i suppose that's something i haven't thought about yet. sorry, i'm rambling." he says, the same quiet tone. i nuzzle my head against his, and he leans further into me.

"i think you're right. both of us are the same and yet different at the same time. before i met you, before i even became rich, back when i was only a little younger than you. i never thought that i would find true love. ryker trapped me, for a long time. when he came back and you were gone, all i could think was 'i'm going to lose him.' i knew i had to get you back. at least to see you one more time so i could at least tell you i didn't mean what i said. elsa gave her life so we could live ours, and i'll never be more thankful for that, because i got to return home with you. even losing my leg was all worth it. my father once told me that there is no greater gift than love, but with love, comes loss. in the end, it's all worth it." i feel my eyes get watery, and i lift my hand to swipe at them. jack moves to face me properly, throwing his arms around my neck and pulling me hard against him. i wrap my arms around his waist as well, keeping him locked in my embrace. we hug for what seems like eternity, yet no time at all. before we pull away, he says one last thing.

"thank you..."

guys im so fucking sorry for the long wait. school has kicked me far up the arse and between that and going back and forth from the doctors and pharmacy (pm me if you wanna know why) things have just been super crazy. it's not an excuse. this may seem like the ending, but it's not. again, i'm really sorry.