After Story (Bonus)

“Really Dad? You had superpowers?”

The small girl had wide eyes and a charming smile.

“Oho Daddy wouldn't lie to you.”

She squeals in excitement and her eyes widened in disbelief.

“Did mom have superpowers?”

In her hands were a boquet of bright purple-ness that glistened in the sun. The sway to the wind in grace and ever so often one or two bees come to pollinate them.

“She did.”

She hops in joy again.

Ah well...children these days are quite easy to entertain.

“What powers Daddy?”

She imitates the roar of a feared historical creature that she doesn't know what to call. Then, she giggles to herself mischievously.

He doesn't understand what she was up to, but he didn't mind seeing his angel smile brightly.

“Ah well, see these flowers? Daddy can't hold them but you can.”

She puts on a confused look. She takes a single flower and gives it to him, as if to test whether he was lying.

“Sweetheart, Daddy can't hold them. Daddy will be poisoned.”

She pauses for a second to think. She hesitates for a moment but decides to give the flower to him anyways.

“Darlings dinner is ready!”

Illina comes out in a floral apron. She gazes intently at them both then walks to them.

“Dinner is ready. Wouldn't want to miss fresh deer meat with apricots! And your favourite Belladonna juice!”

She smiles sweetly at her little one and her heart warms when she smiles back.

“Mom...tell me your superpower!”

She was shocked by that sudden question. She has never used her powers in years and hopes that she wouldn't ever have to use it again. She immediately catches the culprit of this Child curiosity case. She puts hand on his shoulder as if to charge him with a guilty verdict.

His eyes aimed at hers and he nods his head.

“You should show her...”

She walks to the side.

“Alright darling, watch closely.”

Showing her daughter once won't hurt right?

She twirls her fingers around elegantly and a wave of belladonnas rise from above the ground.

The little one marvels at the sight. She jumps and claps in delight.

“I wanna have a superpower of my own too!”

They look at each other and turn to their little one.

“You already do.”