Post-Credits Scene: Running Out of Time

The time has come to cap off the story with a post-credits scene! In typical Marvel fashion, this will be a short, 500 word scene that hints at the next installment in the series. The sequel wont be coming anytime soon, but hopefully this will get you excited :)

Once again, thank you all so incredibly much for joining me on this journey, you've been absolutely incredible. Your reactions to cliffhangers are so much fun to read and I love how much you theorize about the plot!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart 3000

Have fun and stay safe ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

---

Tony sits in the workshop, halfheartedly tinkering with a project in front of him as he bounces Peter on his knee. He's thinking more than he's working, but he supposes that's why he comes down to the workshop at all these days. It's a quiet place to to solve his problems, which he has admittedly had a lot of. Luckily, his family isn't one of them.

"Daddy?" Peter speaks up, swinging his legs back and forth. He grabs the small hammer on the bench, Tony gently taking the object.

"Yeah, bud?" Tony instead gives him a small screwdriver to play with. Peter instantly accepts it and starts tapping the workbench with it.

"When are we gonna get ice cream?" he asks, boredom evident. Tony chuckles and shakes his head at the toddler's subtle coercion.

"When did I say we could have ice cream?" he plays along. It's hard to miss the way Peter smiles when he knows he's been caught.

"Earlier," the kid fibs in a sing song voice.

"I dunno," Tony draws out the word, finishing with tickling Peter's sides. Peter giggles loudly and tries to push the hands away. With a laugh of his own, Tony gives in a kisses the top of Peter's head. As he does so, his eyes lock onto his main unfinished project in the workshop. It continues to loom over him and fills him with a sense of impending doom.

A sense of dread.

Jericho.

He doesn't know if he can get out of this one, but he has three years to try.

"Daddy?" Peter pulls him from his thoughts. He doesn't look away from the unfinished missile, but he does tuck Peter's head underneath his chin. Maybe he's trying to shield Peter from the cruel world, or maybe from the life he brought Peter into. A life of wars and political gain that he doesn't want to be a part of anymore.

"Yeah, baby boy?" Peter holds Tony's arms that are wrapped over his shoulders and around his chest.

"Are you gonna make sure Obi stays away?" The question makes Tony hold Peter tighter and he has to take a slow breath to calm himself.

"I promise he's not coming back. Ever," Tony reassures. If he has one goal in life, it's to make sure nothing ever happens to Peter again. He stands and tosses Peter up in the air, relishing in his son's wide smile and giggles, and places the kid on his hip. "So, about that ice cream..." he teases as he walks them out of the workshop.

"Banilla!" Peter doesn't hesitate to exclaim with his arms up, making Tony laugh. Finally, finally, Tony feels happy. Content. Alive.

If only it could last.

One way or another, no matter where Tony is in the world or how much Peter loves him, the Ten Rings will accomplish their goal.

---

And there it is! The ending! I hope it gets you excited for the sequel and fills you with as much dread as it did Tony😇

Thank you for reading as always and finishing the story! I'll see you for the one shots❤🧡💛💚💙💜

If you'd like to keep up to date on upcoming fics and get sneak peeks, feel free to follow one of my accounts!
Twitter: Kevy_Fanfics & kevy_grayce
Insta: kevy_fanfics & KevyGrayce