"Hey, guard it with your life!"
Melanie shouted after her.

She turned to me and smiled. "Come on, let's go outside, shall we?". She said.

I followed because I was determined to get to the root of all this. And I was still confused.
We made it to the terrace. She turned to me and laughed.

" I'm sorry. I think its the alcohol that's getting me in a high. How was my performance? "

"Performance?"

"That was a joke, Derrick. I'm not engaged and I'm not getting married."

What the. . .

"You're not?"

"No. Actually, I talked with Henry. He did propose. But. . . I couldn't do it, Derrick. The universe has a way of bringing people into our lives and she brought you. I can't stay away from you, Derrick. Maya told me to let fate take the lead. And I just had to do it. But how do I ignore the fact that I can't stay away from you. I can't live a moment without you.

"We met in a very wrong note, but it is still fate. I love you, Derrick. Did you actually think that I would get married to him? I liked Henry. He's . . .different. But he's just not you. He doesn't carry the bad ass that comes with being a Jacob. I guess, I didn't know what I wanted until I met you. Until I met all of you."

I won't say I didn't like what I was hearing. And I wrapped my arms around her waist.

The song just changed to Best Part Of Me By Ed Sheeran And Yebba. I smiled down at her.
"You know, Jacobs don't come without drama, right? And you are way too peaceful for that."

She sighed. "Maybe I'm not. Maybe I live the drama." She smirked.

"My eyes are crossed but their still blue
I bite my nails and tell the truth
I go from thin to overweight
Day to day, it fluctuates
My skin is inked, but faded, too

She loves me, she loves me
Why the hell she love me?
She can have anyone else.
Oh, you love me, you love me
Why the hell d'you love me
When I can't even love myself.

I laughed. "I will spend the rest of my life, making it up to you for how I hurt you in the past."

"Mmm. . . You better, Mr. Jacob. Else I will blackmail you will that video."

I laughed. "What was that video about, anyway?"

"I wanted to test my acting skill. And AJ put me up for a dare with you. So, there it is. How did I do?"

"Perfect. I don't know who to beware of. You or AJ?"

"Both." She said and laughed. "What about Gina?"

"Gina? What about her?"

"I thought you both are dating?"

"Seriously? Dating?" He laughed. "Of course not. Gina is married. She lives with her husband in Abuja. Came back to Lagos to see her parents and so we spent time often. She went back few months ago."

"No wonder I haven't been seeing her. Oh my God. I was so fucking jealous of you both! I thought she's your new woman!"

I laughed. Okay, that was amusing.

"Don't laugh." She said, pouting.

"Sorry. Why would I loom else where, when you are always there, filling my eyes?"
I told her. And I saw her blush.

"I over think and still forgive.
I lose my phone and place my bets
And I never catch the train on time, always thirty minutes behind
Your worries ain't seen nothing yet