We Need More Room

Epilogue- Part 1

"How was work?"

"Fine" Ayla replies dryly.

Shawn looks up at Ayla in confusion, she was normally happy when she came back from work, eager to get her hands all over Shawn, cuddle and eat spaghetti whilst they watch a movie but this time she was... well she was dry.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks putting his phone down, ready to give her his full attention.

"Not really" She shrugs moving around the bed to put her folded clothes away. Shawn gets up, slowly making his way behind her to secure her in a hug from behind.

"You hungry?" He asks kissing her cheek. She sighs deeply turning around to him, her hands going over his jaw.

"I want to move out" she suddenly says, completely taking Shawn back. "What's wrong with this place?" He asks.

"Well, well it's small and we have too much stuff-"

"Baby, you like to leave a mess. I'm sure if we tidy up it'll be fine" he chuckles.

"But we've been living here for a year and five months now, don't you want to move?"

He shakes his head no. "But this is only one bedroom and the kitchen is too small-"

"We've just started our cooking lessons, we barely use the kitchen" he says in defence.

"But we need more room!"

"For what?"

"A baby!"

Suddenly, it falls quiet. Both of them blinking slowly whilst looking into each other's eyes. "A baby huh?" Shawn asks gently.

Ayla simply nods.

"You want to make one right now?"

She shakes her head no. "No dummy, I'm already pregnant. I took a test this morning and one last night- wait hold on" she moves past him grabbing her purse, reaching inside she takes out the two tests and hands them to Shawn.

"Wow" his eyes widen.

"You don't want one?" She asks sadly. "What?" He steps closer, placing his hands on her curvy hips. "Of course I do, yes I want a baby with you, I'm-I'm in shock" his lips form a contagious smile.

Ayla giggles grabbing his face, leaning up to meet his lips. "Fuck, we're parents" he mumbles before kissing her, his lips moving softly, his hands too afraid to move to her stomach even though he desperately wanted to.

She moves back slowly, taking his hands to guide them onto her stomach. "Our baby" she giggles adorably.

"Our baby" Shawn goes down on his knees in an instant, his fingers lift her top up and his large hands set on her bare skin as he presses feathery kisses around her stomach slowly and lovingly, all whilst getting lower and lower.

"Shawn" Aylas hands weaves into his hair. "Come on" He scoffs playfully. "Let me love you" his fingers begin to tug down her shorts.

-
7 months later

"No heavy lifting!" Shawn tells Ayla off. "I wanted to help" she takes the box back from him.

They had finally found a new home, this time with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a bigger kitchen which they could now put in to use as they finished their cooking classes.

"You can help darling, I don't want you to hurt yourself or my baby" he kisses her cheek and takes the box from her. Ayla huffs following Shawn to their room where he puts the last box down then turns towards her.