What Now?

"Hold on" Shawn suddenly stops in front of the plethora of snacks.

After they did what they did, yes I'm talking about the s word, Shawn drove them to the store to get a pregnancy test.

Ayla stands waiting for him as he picks up a bunch of chocolates and sweets. "Are you seriously getting the orange flavoured lolly?" She takes it putting it back.

"What's wrong with the orange one?" His voice goes high pitched and all defensive.

"Strawberry is better" she grabs two putting them in Shawn's hand.

"Oh" he lets out facing her. "I don't think I can erm love you anymore" he says jokingly.

Ayla rolls her eyes gripping his hand. "Shut up" she leans up kissing his cheek making him grin like the Cheshire Cat. "We need to find those tests" she mumbles pulling him through each isle until they finally find one.

"Which one do we get?" Shawn asks.

"I don't know, I guess clear blue? I always see those ads" she says grabbing one. "Maybe we should get two? Just in case" she takes another one and Shawn takes it from her to hold it, well he tries to hold everything in one hand so he could hold her hand too.

"Oh let's get some of them too" Shawn grabs a box condoms making Ayla grow shy. "You know what" he grabs another box.

"We really should've used one of those in Italy eh" Ayla chuckles. "Yeah but it was our first time and-"

"We're not talking about this here" she cuts him off shaking her head. "Let's just pay and go"

So they pay and quickly get back in Shawn's car, his hand on her thigh.

"Oh wait, I'm just gonna grab a toothbrush, didn't bring one with me" She chuckles undoing her belt. "M'kay I'll wait here" Shawn leans over kissing her cheek leaving her blushing as she leaves the car and re-enters the store.

She hums to herself walking through the isles, right as she reaches the end she bumps into a hard chest.

"I'm so sorry" the familiar voice speaks up. Ayla looks up, her hands immediately moving form his chest and her eyes avert from the icy blue eyes.

"Oh Ayla, What're you doing here?" Ace shoves his hands in his pockets, looking down at her eyes with no emotion.

Her eyes glance back up at him. She suddenly felt weird or rather normal. Her heart rate was steady, she didn't feel flustered or giddy, she didn't want to cry at the sight of him.

"Just grabbing some toothbrushes. You?" She asks, not stuttering once. "Just in town for a week. How have you been?" He asks politely but it was weird, complete small talk with a stranger.

"Good, actually. I gotta go"

"Yeah me too" he nods awkwardly and with that they both turn opposite ways. Ayla quickly pays and leaves the shop in a hurry.

She gets back in the car and leans over the console. "You okay?" Shawn asks softly. Instead of replying she cradles his face lovingly, inching closer as she goes in for a short kiss.

"Perfect" she nods. Shawn grins to himself as she sits back in her seat. He takes her hand, lacing them together.
-

"Jacob should be here, he was a nervous wreck getting on that plane" Ayla says opening up her apartment door. "and you weren't?" He teases. Ayla turns, hitting his stomach with her elbow making him groan.

She giggles walking into her apartment but there was no sign of Jacob.

"Where is-"

"There's a note here" Shawn walks beside her, without thinking his arm snakes around her waist, "says he went to a hotel and didn't want to invade" he reads out.