Let Me In

"So when do you go back to America?"

"I'm from Canada, I got an open ticket so whenever I guess" Shawn answers Jacobs question.

Jacob nods grabbing the empty beer bottles from the bar. He pauses looking directly at Shawn.

"What's your intention with her?" He asks. Shawn's face falls to confusion, his brows scrunching as he figures out how to answer the question.

Jacob sighs leaning against the counter. "She's up there getting ready for you, like she has been for the last two weeks since you gave her that letter. It's nice because she's starting to smile but is she truly happy, is this temporary?" Jacob asks in all seriousness.

"Temporary?" Shawn scoffs. "I'm not letting her go this time... wait don't tell me you love her? I've been down that road-"

"I'm gay" Jacob cuts him off. "Oh" Shawn lets out in relief.

"Well I'm here to right my wrongs and she's forgiven me, I know she'll never forget him but I believe she can fall in love again" Shawn firmly answers.

"Well she's been hurting for too long now. It's just been a year and-and you should be careful" Jacob warns him. "She's still healing, can you still love her when she might think of him?"

"I've done it before, but this time there's a chance she might love me back" Shawn gets up grabbing his jacket, walking away from Jacob.

"Shawn?"

He turns around humming. "She deserves the best"

"I know she does" Shawn mumbles walking away. He strides up the upstairs and knocks a few times but there was no response.

"Ayla?" He reaches for the handle. The door opens yet there was no sign of her.

"Ayla?" He calls again.

"In the bathroom! Erm don't come in" She shouts quickly. Shawn laughs to himself sitting on the sofa.

She quickly rushes out shoving the tiny bottle in the back pocket of her jeans. Shawn gets up walking towards her.

"Hey" he smiles. "Erm hi" she wipes her nose with her sleeve.

Shawn notices and steps forward. He leans in wrapping his arms around her. "You okay?"

She hums closing her eyes, her body pressed against his. Shawn runs his hands down her back, his eyes glancing down as his fingers reach into her pocket.

"What're you doing?" She quickly says about to pull back but Shawn keeps her close taking the bottle from her pocket, looking down at it in confusion.

"Shawn" she sighs pulling back, he stops her and cups her cheeks, his eyes examining her face. She looks away with guilt.

His thumb gently wipes her nose. "Stop it-"

"Ayla, why?" He asks cupping her cheeks. She doesn't dare look at him.

"Hey, look at me" his fingers gently run down her jaw, tilting her chin. Her eyes begin to water, soon she's crying but no noise comes from her lips.

"How long?" He asks feeling his heartbreak that she had turned to drugs.

"No one knows, don't tell anyone please"

"I won't, just how long?" He asks softly. "Two months" she answers sadly trying to look away in shame.

Shawn takes her hands leading her to the sofa. He sits and she melts into his body, trying to get as close as possible, her back firmly pressed against his chest. His arms snake around her waist, his lips kiss the top of her head.