Prologue

Shasha has been going to the detective training school everyday and was enjoying it. She had learned new things there and even used Nina's underground lab to do some experiments, or at least analyse things for fun. She had been going to that school for more than a month now. She had made new friends there too.
"I can't wait to become a professional detective," said Shasha to herself while dusting a bottle for fingerprints. "Aha this is Nina's fingerprint."
Then someone else came down to the basement too. It was Anna. She had sneaked up behind Shasha and was waiting for her to notice but she didn't. Anna held both of her shoulders and shook them. This startled Shasha.
"Oh it's only you," said Shasha after she realised that it was only Anna. "I thought it was some rogue who had broke in."
"Now who would wanna break into the house of fighters?" asked Anna. "That would only mean trouble for the rogues, not from them."
"Makes sense," said Shasha. "So what brings you here now?"
"I don't know," said Anna. "Wanna go have a swim? I was thinking about it since it's such a cold day, and I wanna feel the warmth of the heated pool."
"Sure just gimme a minute," said Shasha. "Let me just put these away."
She put the things away and followed Anna upstairs to the rooftop pool. It was on the top floor, near Nina's rooftop dojo. They changed into their swimwear and went down in the pool.
"I feel like Nina's the luckiest person in the world now," said Shasha. "Wait is that a jacuzzi?"
And so it was. It was connected to the pool. It was bubbling with hot steamy water.
"Wanna have a dip in it?" asked Shasha. "It looks good..."
"Yes I think we should," said Anna. "How come Nina never told us about these?"
"Speaking of Nina, where is she?" asked Shasha. "I haven't seen her in like, hours."
"She went out with Adam and Steve for a family outing," said Anna. "But I decided to stay home since I was tired."
"Okay then," said Shasha. "How's her relationship with Adam, then?"
"Oh it's good," said Anna. "They are really in love with each other. I'm glad she accepted him and Steve."
"Yeah," said Shasha. "Poor Adam. Remember the night that he proposed to be her boyfriend? She threw him into the pool like ten times!"
"Yeah and remember their marriage proposal?" asked Anna. "Adam was so dumbfounded when Nina declined, and this witch was actually joking about it. Oh my gosh..."
"Oh Nina," said Shasha. "How much she had changed..."
"Yes it's like we're back in college," said Anna. "She was like this back then... until she broke up with Adam..."
"But now they're together again!" said Shasha. "And she has a son too now."
"Yeah haha," said Anna. "And that makes me an auntie now..."
"Auntie Anna," said Shasha, solemnly. "What a nice auntie, you are!"
"Stop that," said Anna. "It's not my fault..."
Shasha started laughing at her. Anna certainly didn't like being called auntie, unless it's Steve that's the one who's calling her that.
The day went on like that. They dried off and took a shower to wash off the chlorine from their skin. They went to have dinner after that. They prepared something simple which is some mushroom soup with garlic bread, fit for a cold day. It was now autumn for it was already October. The days have become colder and shorter. Nights were longer.
"I think I should go winter shopping," said Shasha while dipping the garlic bread into the soup. "I'm not used to winter. I shall freeze!"
"Oh yeah I almost forgot that your country is on the equator," said Anna. "Yeah you better buy some nice and warm winter clothes."
Just then, Nina, Adam and Steve came back home. They were carrying balloons, stuffed toys and cotton candy. They walked into the dining hall, carrying the cotton candy after putting away the things in the living room.
"I'm guessing that you went to Disneyland?" asked Anna. "Judging by the amount of toys and cotton candy, you three had some serious fun."
"Yep you're right," said Nina. "Now I regret not coming with you two last month."
"Yeah and you called us childish kiddies," said Shasha. "And now you see that it's a lot of fun."
"Okay fine, you win," said Nina. "Here, we bought you a few souvenirs, since you didn't buy much when you went."
She handed Shasha a plastic bag. Shasha took it and had a peek in it. There was a lot of stuff in it.
"Thanks guys," said Shasha. "I'll see them later. Right now, we eat."
"We already had our dinner," said Steve. "We ate at the restaurant there. The food was really good, but we're still hungry because that soup and garlic bread looks good."
They all ate the mushroom soup that Anna and Shasha prepared. It was good. Anna had really put a lot of garlic on the bread and it was very tasty.
"This is the best garlic bread I've ever tasted," said Steve. "Can I have your recipe?"
"Sure it's very simple," said Anna. "Just put in more garlic and butter, that's all."
Anna is a very good cook, since she spent most of her time with her mother as a child. Nina on the other hand, was closer to her father and learnt things like carpentry and assassination and a bit of electronics. Anna had leant how to sew embroidery, art and how to cook like her mother, since she was neglected by their father. Anna had chosen to be an ordinary person and their father didn't like it. Nina was an undercover assassin since young, just like her father. Anna too had become an assassin after finishing college, with whatever techniques that her mother had thought her. She had also watched Nina being trained by their father and personally practiced them without her father's knowledge. Nina knew this but didn't tell their father, for she felt sorry for Anna being treated this way. Their rivalry first started as a petty rivalry, but became worse when Anna spoilt Nina's relationship with Adam. It became much more worse when their father died. They started to blame each other for his death. Anna and their father were beginning to have a better relationship before he died. Both the sisters were heart broken when he died and blamed each other for it.
But now, everything has been fixed and they have made peace with each other.