【Chapter 7.2】

Start from the beginning

"𝚆𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚞𝚜; 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔. 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚢. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎; 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚊𝚛." — 𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚖𝚒 𝚅𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚔𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊

Trigger warning: There is talk of food suppressants and drugged drinks. If you are easily triggered regarding this topic please feel free to skip the chapter. Choose what is best for you and your mental health first. Thank you. 

【Chapter 7.2】

"Mom, where's Dad?" I question wondering if he left for work earlier this morning. My mom stills as her fork hovers over her plate.

"The neighbors." She replies. Silence. I grow still.

"Neighbors like Ryan and his parent's neighbors?" I question as my stomach drops. I look from my Mom who stares at her plate. She looks up at me with anger in her eyes. It not me though. Dad told her. I look to Chase, well I don't know why but he meets my eyes. He doesn't look surprised at this information. He searches my face for a reaction. I don't know what to say. The silence turns in a long stretch and I set my fork down.

I hear the front door open and close shut. Dad enters the room and makes his way to my mother planting a kiss on her cheek. He sits down as she prepares him a plate. He doesn't expect her to but I think it's her love language. That's all. Dad doesn't meet my eyes. Chase is eating his egg slowly and Mom is quiet. So so quiet.