Best Friends With A Stranger

Start from the beginning

Marinette continued to clean her room up a bit more until everything was tidy. She was going to ask her mon minou out to the movies tomorrow. So, the next step would be to look in a mirror and practice ways to ask Luka without looking like a stuttering idiot.

The bluenette walked over to her sink and stood in front of it, looking into the mirror.

"So, Luka—no, that doesn't sound right," Marinette said, shaking her head and thinking of another way. She looked into the mirror with a flirtatious look and saucily spoke, "Hey, hotshot. You, me and the movies. How about it?"

Marinette groaned, practically cringing at herself for ever thinking and doing whatever that was. She sighed in defeat until another idea came to mind.

Maybe...she should try asking him out with cat puns.

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien was bored out of his mind and scrolled through his Silly Social Phrase. He wanted to go to the park to see Ladybug's letter, but Natalie wouldn't let him go until she was done with her work.

The blonde didn't know why Natalie wouldn't let him go by himself. He knew the route to the park and how to blend in with the crowd. Yet, once Adrien looked outside his window, then the reason became clear. There was the paparazzi standing on the other side of the gate and with readied cameras to snap a bunch of pictures.

He suddenly didn't feel like leaving the house and flopped on his couch. He took out his phone which lead to looking at social media out of boredom.

   "I might be a potato, but I have standards," a girl named Alya Césaire quoted Markiplier and posted along with a picture. In the picture, was a dude wearing a red cap reclined in a chair with a plate of cookies in his lap. The next showed a picture that was completely black and said, "Lol, have to hide from bae and hope he doesn't find my hideaway."

   Adrien chuckled a bit, wishing he could have a special someone like these two who have each other. Maybe, Ladybug could be that special someone. He wanted her to be the person that he can joke with and stand side by side in the darkest times. Someone that didn't see him as fame, perfection, and fortune but as an equal with flaws and imperfections.

   Adrien would be lying if he said that he didn't have any sort of romantic feelings towards his Bugaboo. Maybe, a crush perhaps? Ladybug was definitely a mystery but an actual person who treats him as an equal.

   Yet, Adrien feared that, if they did by chance meet, Ladybug would be just another fangirl and treat him differently. He had that fear ever since the two began their letters. He didn't want to ruin their beautiful and real friendship that they built.

The blonde wouldn't be able to handle losing his friend, even though her identity was unknown to him.

Adrien was practically best friends with a stranger!

He sighed, turning off his phone and placing it on the stand next to his bed.

"Maybe this letter thing wasn't a good idea," Adrien thought before hearing a knock on the door. A worn out and tired Natalie opened the door.

   "We can go to the park for a little bit if you want to get out of the house," she informed in which made Adrien hop out of his couch. He smiled brightly, grabbing some paper and followed the woman out to the limo. The Gorilla grunted in a way of greeting and opened the car's door. Natalie and Adrien slid into the back seat then the door shut.

After the Gorilla slid into the driver's seat, the limo took off towards the park. Adrien looked out at the passing buildings in a daze with a million thoughts swirling in his mind. Thoughts about Ladybug, his father, the company, everything.

   His father is in jail which means that the company will be in shambles. Natalie and he would have to find somewhere else to live. Ladybug could possibly be just another crazed fan.

   Yet, the main question lingered longer than others.

   What's going to happen next?

   Only time would tell. Not everything is set in stone but the future wasn't looking too bright at the moment.

   Adrien wasn't complaining too much though. He finally gained the freedom he so desperately wished for since his mother's disappearance. He was able to get off his strict model diet and eat desserts.

   The limo came to a stop. Adrien and Natalie left the vehicle and walked into the park. Natalie went to a nearby bench and gave the teen a stern warning of the time he should return. The blonde gave a slight nod in understanding before hurrying off to the opening.

   The young model crawled into the small area behind the tree and bushes. There sat the jar with a new letter and something yellow. With a raised eyebrow, Adrien opened the jar. Inside was not just a letter from Ladybug, but there was also a banana.

   He couldn't help the soft smile that spread across his face and his heart soar on cloud nine. His smile only grew and a slight pink-tinted his cheeks when reading the letter from his Bugaboo. She was truly a precious friend to him too.

   He just wished he could show Ladybug how much she meant to him.

   Then, an idea popped into his head. Without thinking twice, he spent the majority of his time scheming while eating the gifted fruit and carefully writing out his letter. He finished with his cat doodle, folded the paper and slipped it into the jar.

A sly smirk appeared upon Adrien's face after he screwed the lid on and left the secret opening.

He just hoped everything would go as planned.

{+}{+}{+}

Dear BugabooOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara