Prologue

She paced the room, her footsteps echoing off the dark walls. Nervous, she didn't know what to do so she waited for her husband to return.

Stopping, she rested her hands on her large belly, the baby inside moving about as if it was having a fit. Rubbing her belly, she cooed softly to the unborn child. "Calm down, my love," she whispered. "Your father will return."

Hearing footsteps coming down the long hall, her head snapped up at the sound. A dark head appeared, bright blue eyes shining in the dark. Seeing at who it was, she visibly sighed, her tense shoulders sagging a little.

"Thanatos, you shouldn't sneak up on people," she scolded him.

Thanatos bowed his dark head, a small smile on his lips. "I am sorry, my queen," he replied. Straightening his tall frame, he watched as she began her pacing once more. "I have news from Hermes."

That stopped all movement from the nervous queen. When he didn't continue, she waves her hands as if to say 'Go on...'

Thanatos stepped closer to her, really looking at the brown haired woman and worry seeped into his body. She was pale, more so than normal and sweat poured down her throat. Her grey eyes were full of anxiety and fear.

"He's on his way back," Thanatos replied. They both knew who he was referring to. "Seems there was an understanding among them."

She nodded her head, her long hair covering her right shoulder as the lone strap of her peplos stayed fastened upon it. "I figured as much," she remarked to his words. "However, what that understanding is, is left to be seen."

"Its not good."

Both their heads whipped around at the sound. Her eyes went wide, before a large smile broke out upon her lips. Picking up the hem of her long peplos, she ran as fast as her large belly would allowed her.

"My lord!" she cried out as she ran into his opened arms. "I was so worried!"

He enveloped her into his frame, the smell of honeysuckle flooding his senses. Kissing the top of her head, he focused his gaze on the man standing a few feet away.

"You may leave us, Thanatos," he said.

Thanatos bowed before disappearing.

"Oh my love." She leaned back to look into his turquoise eyes, the smile from eariler beginning to disappear. "What did they say? Are we to keep our child?"

Bringing a hand up, he pushed a few strands of her dark hair away from her face. He didn't want to tell her, didn't want to make her worry more than she already was. It wasn't good for her or the baby,  but she had the right to know.

"No."