Chapter 18

36 hours had passed since Kid last saw you. He had been keeping count ever since he and Cora met up with violet for reasons the red head didn't fully understand. Within that time frame, Cora decided the best course of action would be to get the G.C.P.D. involved. Given the amount of evidence he'd gathered over the years, their connection to Monet's murder, and your kidnapping, the authorities could finally bring the family down.

"I swear to fuck (y/n), you better still be alive." He mumbled under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Cora asked.

"No." Kid growled.

Killer, the red heads most trusted, long term friend, squeezed his shoulder as a means to ground Kid.

As of right now, Kid sat in a conference room with Killer, Cora, Violet, a few other prominent members of the G.C.P.D., and a few members of the local authorities. Meeting in the town closer to where Cora was staying was better than going all the way back to the city.

Kid called Killer in, as he trusted very few people to be as good of back up as the masked blonde man.

"The Manor has an advanced security system and armed guards patrol the perimeter 25/7." Violet, having lived in the Manor for 10 years, was walking everyone through the layout, pointing out the strong and weak points, providing information on members, and giving insight on likely defenses that have already been implemented since your capture.

"It's likely they have increased the number of armed guards patrolling both around and inside the Manor. The strongest points aside from the front gate are the east and west borders. There is no cover for trespassers, and they are a shorter distance from the Manor than the front gate. The south border is a further distance from the house, approximately 600 yards away, but the woods behind the manor provide the most cover. However, you must be careful. There will be traps and trip wires hidden in the woods. You cannot rush through them." Violet said sternly.

"When you make it to the Manor, the best course of action would be to go through the side doors, there will be fewer guards."

"Where does the family keep hostages?" Some long nosed man with dark curly hair asked.

Kid was doing his best to listen. He knew he couldn't do his typical running in kicking down doors and guns blazing. He needed to work with others on this matter if he wanted the outcome to be in his favor.

In your favor.

"Hostages are kept in the right wing basement." Violet answered. "It's possible (y/n) is being kept somewhere else though. Doflamingo is probably anticipating an attack and might have moved her somewhere else. Where that might be, I can't entirely say. It's possible her location would be closer to Doflamingo's quarters on the third level."

"So we're going to need to split up?" The long nosed man asked nervously.

"That was likely going to be the plan to begin with." The gruff voice of Smoker answered.

The meeting lasted about two hours. A plan of action was formulated, and profiles of family members were memorized. The goal was to try and arrest the main members, killing only if absolutely necessary.

Kid wasn't making any promises on that goal.

He didn't speak much during the meeting, but he noticed Cora and Violet giving him an occasional glance, and he could feel Killer's eyes on him. He had calmed down some from before, but only to the point where he wouldn't do something too reckless.