Chapter 7

"Run!"

That's exactly what you did.

You ran as fast as you could, a black haired boy right at your heels.

The two of you ran through the woods, trying not to trip over the roots and rocks scattered all over the forest floor, making your way to the wall at the far end of the estate.

There was someone waiting for the two of you. Someone who promised to take you away from the nightmare you lived. Someone you could trust.

Sirens were heard in the distance, making you pick up speed.

"They've discovered our absence!" The shocked boy spoke between pants. "Don't stop running whatever you do."

You didn't need to be told twice.

The brick wall came into view. The dark haired boy helped you up onto the first branch, which you were too short to reach, before climbing up himself.

The two of you climbed the tree until you were level with the wall. You then jumped onto the ledge where you immediately jumped again, reaching out for a sturdy looking branch of a tree on the other side of the brick wall.

Once the two of you made it over, you ran until you came to the main road. Even in the dead of night, you were able to make out the silver solara and ran to it, quickly spotting the immensely tall man with shaggy blonde hair.

He spotted you as well and got into the driver's seat, turning on the car.

The two of you scrambled into the back seat, completely out of breath.

"Step on it Cora-san!" The boy shouted, and the car lurched forward.

"You both alright? Law, (y/n)?" The man, Cora, asked.

You tried to answer, but it was hard with your heart beating as frantically as it was and your little lungs demanding more oxygen than you were used to consuming.

"(Y/n)?"

"(Y/n)-ya?"

You groaned quietly, picking up the soft beeping of a monitor.

"She's waking up." Said a gruff voice.

"I see that." Growled an annoyed voice. "(Y/n)-ya, if you can hear me, squeeze my fingers." The voice said with a lighter tone, placing their fingers in your left hand.

"I can hear you, Traffy." Your voice sounded dry and rough.

"Count your lucky stars you're alive and in one piece." Law was clearly aggravated. "A moment longer and the poison would have killed all the tissue in your lower legs and they would have needed to be amputated."

"Water." You mumbled out.

With a sigh Law helped you sit up. Upon moving you immediately felt a sharp pain in both your head and right wrist, causing you to wince and whimper some. You greedily drank the cool, refreshing liquid when the cup met your lips.

When you were done, you forced your eyes to open, immediately feeling blinded by the white light of the room you were in. You blinked several times, not being able to take in much due to your vision being blurry. You were able to make out two figures though, one being your cousin.

"Wha-I... I need to know what happened." You murmured.

"You need rest. Doctor's orders." Law's voice was very stern.